Game Dosn't Appear In Steam

Best answers
I'm brand new, and I've been a long time DBZ fan, and I've been working on this for about 3 days now. I don't know where my HL disk went, so I used my legit Counter-Strike cd that dates back all the way to 1.3. I can get into the game now, but to get online I need to see it on steam, and it dosn't appear in my Steam program. Do I need to update my CS to 1.6? All else fails, can someone tell me how to play offline? I just wanna play!

-=.:eXistenZ:.=-
=The real world is for people who can't afford video games=

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Install HL, run it once, make sure you install into steamapps/youraccount/Half-life

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
eXistenZ said:
I'm brand new, and I've been a long time DBZ fan, and I've been working on this for about 3 days now. I don't know where my HL disk went, so I used my legit Counter-Strike cd that dates back all the way to 1.3. I can get into the game now, but to get online I need to see it on steam, and it dosn't appear in my Steam program. Do I need to update my CS to 1.6? All else fails, can someone tell me how to play offline? I just wanna play!

-=.:eXistenZ:.=-
=The real world is for people who can't afford video games=
If you want to play steam in offline mode. Simple launch steam once. (with information saved on your computer, if you have set this off in the options menu, you are unable to use offline mode) And the next time that steam is unable to find the internet. It will ask you if you want to play steam in offline mode.

Best answers
Well the offline mode still won't work, because it still dosn't appear in Steam for the oddest reason. Counter-Strike won't show up either. I installed CS into the folder with my acount name like the first guy told me, but that didn't help. I have CS:Source installed as well. Does that count for any problems?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you register the cd key in steam for starters ? (that's what you have to do then steam will gather all the other required content).

Best answers
Technically yes, but the unfortunate part is after I got HL:2 I opened a new account on Steam, so it won't let me register the old cd key with Steam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eXistenZ said:
Technically yes, but the unfortunate part is after I got HL:2 I opened a new account on Steam, so it won't let me register the old cd key with Steam.
If you have two accounts, use the one with Half-Life/Counter-Strike, and install ESF into that.

Best answers
Done and done, now we're making some progress. Is ESF supposed to show up in steam, or is there a GCF file I'm supposed to extract manually? It's not there, only Counter-Strike is there.

I'm getting closer, but now it says something about my .dll's differ from the servers. This is my last question, I think the stickies can handle it from here. Thanks so far guys for getting me thus far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF should show up in the "Third party games" menu.

Note that if you used a Condition-Zero CD-Key it won't work.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What version of esf are you running ? Sounds like you need the 1.2.2 patch (you can't just install 1.2.3 and have all happy days though, you need to install 1.2.2 before you install 1.2.3 as 1.2.3 has no client dll changes, just some map fixes and a new map).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
If you use 2 accounts. And you switch from your orignal one "your HL2" steam to another. Games will not show up on your list. You have to remove a file in your steam folder. I think it was "ClientRegistry.blob". Once you re-launch steam on your HL steam account. The ESF game should run..

Secondly, you could try this. Right click on any mod you see on your list, and click on "create desktop shortcut". Once you have done so, check your desktop. Right click on -Earth`s Special Forces- that you will see on your destop. Select "Properties" And Change the line you see with the following:

Steam.exe -applaunch 70 -game "esf" <-- WITH the " " around ESF.

For me in this case you would see:
D:\Games\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 70 -game "esf"

Press oke, apply whatever. and double click on the file. It "SHOULD" Launch esf :)

I hope it works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom