Game crashes

Best answers
Lately when i host a server my game crashes a few minutes in. I dont even have to be moving. Iv tried not moving until someone joins, iv tried moving. Its not bots, i dont use em, it just crashes. Anyone else get this problem or have a fix for it? btw, reinstalling everything, steam hl esf is not an option, i lost my half-life disc and cd-key a very long time ago.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Games are tied to your Steam account after the initial registry. You can safely reinstall everything on that account.

Are you using Software mode?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Software mode is a video mode known to cause crashes. You can check to see if you are using software mode in your options menu in the ESF in-game menu.

Best answers
No, apparently this is happening with a lot of people when their hosting their own esf server. It didn't start untill the new hl update today.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea I've noticed this as well when I tried to go concing with Magus. :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not too sure what you're talking about. My server stays up way longer then a few minutes. It has the new update as well.

The most I've seen my server up for with out crashing is 2 hours. Yes it does crash, but not in a few minutes.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i also have the same problem where i host and game and as soon as my mate joins it crashes to desktop, it didnt do this until the update for hl1

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A new update has been released fixing that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom