GAME CRASH

Best answers
Hi

i start esf on lan create a server play during 10 mins then the game stop and i see an error message :"S-FINDNAME:OUT OF SFX_T"
can someone help

thanks

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh dear... I am affraid I have not passed threw this error before... try reinstalling the game. This should correct any error/s.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
JM LE FOU said:
Hi

i start esf on lan create a server play during 10 mins then the game stop and i see an error message :"S-FINDNAME:OUT OF SFX_T"
can someone help

thanks
Have you tried reinstalling esf ? if that doesn't work , maybe reinstall steam , get hl off your steam account and then reinstall esf

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's an engine problem. The kind that you should never get, unless you're developing something and you made a mistake. o_O

The HL engine only allows 512 cached sounds. If you try to cache more than that on a lisenserver, it dumps everyone and crashes.

Do you have any serverside mods or plugins installed that would be caching many sounds? All the instances I've seen of it aren't persistent. Try just restarting the map and see if it continues happening.

If that doesn't work, I don't know. Maybe you have some kind of rare error with your sound equipment? Perhaps getting your latest sound drivers would help.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, this can happen easily if he is trying to use WON.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom