gah, animal abuse

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
call it a rant, call it a vent w/e

about 5 years ago, i was going through more or less hell. I wont get into details but my family had apparently put me on a "suicide watch" (suicide was the last thought on my mind though) and they would come and check on me every day until they felt i was doing better, i only say this to help you get a grasp of how serious the situation was, not to ask for pity

one day my mother showed up at my door with a little puppy black lab, hoping it would cheer me up. And ya know what it? it did, I grew more attached to this lil bugger than i was with my own brother. I named him "Doug" after one of my old friends who died in a car wreck. And I went everywhere with this damn dog.

ANYWAYS, despite all that, the last 2 years ive had to leave him back with my mother, as the place where I live doesnt allow big pets. I visit him every chance I get, probly 3 times a week. And I go out and play fetch with him, or just sit outside with him and chill.

Just recently though, the neighborhood meterman let the dog out of the gate, not once, but twice, and now Doug thinks of nothing more than getting out of the yard, and just running around, So we have resorted to chaining him up, which to be honest, is just plain cruel to do to a dog who has had his free run of a huge yard his entire life. (huge in comparison to the 15 foot circle he has now)

Even though he knows where "home" is, (as he always comes back after a few hours when he gets out) My mother lives next to the Middle school, where there is tons of traffic. And I dont need to tell you who wins in a fight between a black lab, and a school bus. And i dont want that to happen to my dog.

anyway, to the "meat" of this story.

Her grand idea was to get the dog fixed, so that he wouldnt feel like digging out from underneath the fence anymore, because she seems to think that all he wants to do is get laid, I couldnt help but tell her "YOUR CUTTING OFF HIS ****ING NUTS NOT HIS PAWS, HES STILL GONNA ****ING DIG OUT", she hung up on me at this point :)

the thing that pisses me off is this, she knows how much I care about my dog, Like I said i go to HER house to vist the DOG, NOT HER. and she did this without so much as telling me about it until after she scheduled an appointment.

it is my ****ing dog, and even if by some slim chance she is right and he stops trying to dig out, keeping him chained up to a tree is FAR more humane than removing his "manhood", I want MY doug, not a half dead, depressed eeyore acting shell of what he used to be.

/end rant

this is the most recent picture of him, guess which one is me (hint, im the huge fat bald guy XD)

and btw, yes my cousin (theother person in the picture) does listen to afi, can hardly tell by lookin at him eh?
(the picture may not show it, but he has the perfect emo kid hairdo =P)

Best answers
walk up to your mom on the day of the appointment..backhand her..and say you touch the dog and ima slap you with my third leg

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
majin uub said:
walk up to your mom on the day of the appointment..backhand her..and say you touch the dog and ima slap you with my third leg
Sometimes I really hate the fact that this is basically a DBZ forum.

If this was my dog, I would lay down the law. If she is so intent on doing it, find someone else to take care of the dog. About chaining the dog up, it's not exactly the most humain thing to do, but it's better than having the dog get run over, you know? It's kind of the lesser of two evils

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i tried to put my foot down, she hung up on me >_>.
And i doubt telling her off in person would make much of a difference.

short of taking the dog away from there theres nothing i can do about it, And even then I wouldnt have anywhere to take him,

The only person i know who could take care of him is my dad, He lives out in the country where i wouldnt have to worry about the dog getting hit by anything.

BUT he shot his last dog cuz it wouldnt quit barking at a skunk, and he didnt even shoot the damn skunk

Best answers
Despite the fact that it is your dog (and I know how people can be attatched to dogs, I have my own), you have to think of your mom as well. Even if you hate her guts, she's still taking care of the dog for you. Getting him fixed may very well prevent him from digging, or it may not. In a general sense, when a dog is fixed he becomes much more relaxed and less hostile, but there are occasions when that doesn't happen.

Look at what's best for your dog. If you say you want him to have the freedom to run around the yard, then you might want to consider getting him fixed since there's a chance he could stop digging. But if you decide not to, he stays on the chain.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There have to be better options than a nuetering =/.

Maybe a longer rope, maybe an electric fence, better built fence...

The problem lies within the holding, not his 'nads.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
would you want some1 to cut your nuts off just because you wanted to explore?

take him for walks or something. or ride a bike and have him on a leash, it takes a little practice but i can do it.

Best answers
whats the one collars where if the dog cant go past a certain point or it gets a small shock? cant think of it...

Best answers
I think that neutering it isnt that bad. My dog was neutered and he was fine, but i understand what you mean. Some dogs do become all sad and crap after they get their neutered. but you could put in an electric fence. They dont hurt the dog unless you turn it up all the way...
You're like Kiba and Akamaru. Yes I'm watching Naruto right now.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NEVAR LOSE YOUR BEARD <333
I dunno' what to say about the dog..
Your mom seems pretty convinced it would keep em' from trying to explore teh world..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only a woman would think to stop a dog from digging by cutting off it's nuts.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Only a woman would think to stop a dog from digging by cutting off it's nuts.
Well to be honest, it actually does have an effect on a dog's roaming and aggressive behavior. >_>

Anyway, as it seems you have no choice Nuttzeh, I'll see if I can comfort you with her choice. It's only in myth that dogs get fat and lazy after spaying or neutering. Generally weight gain after surgery can be attributed to owners continuing to feed a dog a high energy diet even though as the dog get's older it doesn't need as much energy.

It's not exactly psychologically detrimental to a dog either, especially when you figure in that a male dog's only role in reproduction is to spread his seed and not raise puppies.

With neutering, you're basically removing the behaviors linked to reproduction, the ones that drive a dog to roam, be aggressive, or marking territory. Their playfulness, socialization and such with people won't change.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nuttzy, when i look at you, i fear no man, for i realise you are god, and your beard will protect me from all that is unholy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom