Gaara

Best answers
i was watching some old episodes of naruto (gaara arc) and i sorta wondered if gaara was part of a specific clan or bloodline

i wondered this because everywhaere iv looked ppl say that gaara can manipulate sand because of the shukaku BUT in one of the episodes that speaks about his past you hear his father say "he cant even manipulate sand on his own" in a disgusted tone. wich made me wonder/like to think if gaara was part of some unspoken sand villiage clan?

i also wonder this because SPOILERS-
in recent pages of the manga he had the shukaku taken out of him by the akatsuki and he still could manipulate sand (i think?)

hmm so yea... discuss :laff:

Best answers
No he isnt a part of any bloodline or clan for certain because that would make Temari, Kankurou and his Father able to control sand...
I guess he learned the ability from shukaku (in the same manner as Ichigo learned Black Getsuga Tenshou from his inner hollow in Bleach.)

Best answers
then how do you explain his father mocking him for not being able to controll sand by himself? man i dunno i just like to think that hes part of some sort of bloodline XD maybe its genetically recessive and he got lucky?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was probably mocking him because all of that immense power Gaara has is just something given to him? Because he didn't work for it and he's a weapon, etc. If it was Gaara's bloodline or something then you would've heard the words KEKKEI GENKAI about a thousand times already. And yes, nobody else in his family seems to have anything related.

Using jutsu related to using (manipulating) sand is probably something a lot of ninja from the sand village can do, as well. I mean I know wind is their element and all but they probably have some sand techniques beyond Gaara.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that they try to say that Gaara uses Shukaku to control all the sand around him, rather than using a sand or Doton jutsu like all other people. So in essence, he can't control sand himself because he uses Shukaku's power for it. But I agree with Jariroth, I too can not remember when his father ever said that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the reason he said it (if he said it) is because at first, Gaara had no control over the sand around him. He was just automatically protected, but couldn't control it conciously.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea kami is right...before his mother died she like put a jutsu on the sand so that it always protected him and that's the sand he has in his gourd. But once he became a ninja he was able to control sand probably through practice and chakra control and once he learned that he was able to fuse his chakra over time with the sand in his gourd as well to make it his absolute defense.

I don't know if this is fanmade or not but supposedly there's a character who has the same ype of jutsu as gaara but it's iron sand instead of regular sand...I have a feeling it's fanmade though.

Best answers
I don't know if this is fanmade or not but supposedly there's a character who has the same ype of jutsu as gaara but it's iron sand instead of regular sand...I have a feeling it's fanmade though.
Its not fanmade...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm then where is it from??? I mean it's not in the manga at all...at least not that I've seen (I did start the manga from the Shuippuden part)

Best answers
It was a filler, so it wasn't in the manga. If I remember correctly there were three of them, (bad guys) and one of them could control iron, like a magnet or something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No not that guy...it was another ninja from the sand, just like gaara who has the same capabilities as him but the sand he carries is made of iron.

I do know what you're talking about though.

Best answers
No not that guy...it was another ninja from the sand, just like gaara who has the same capabilities as him but the sand he carries is made of iron.

I do know what you're talking about though.
It is in the manga. I cant believe you people have missed it... :S (see chapter 268)

Best answers
lol the thing i sed gaaras dad sed WAS in the dub version

DONT KILL ME i just prefer to watch things in english

Best answers
Chapter 268. I actually hid that as spoiler in my previous post, if you highlight it you can see it. Heres a link to the page if you dont happen to find it...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh THAT'S what that stuff was...thanks Jariroth

I got confused b/c i saw a fanpic of the sandaime kazekage when he wasn't like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom