Gaara!

Best answers
Gaara! - Completed?! O_O

Wheeeee...I wonder how many people are punching their monitor going "Damn't! Not more Naruto ****!"

kekeke o_O yea...

Anyway, I modeled Gaara because, well, ****, I was bored o_O
Polycount : In the 1500's

Overall, I have to say Gaara HAS to be the hardest character to model >_<

First of all, his hair is insane, every angle shows hair everywhere, and in some they aren't. Some pics show area's with big hair, and another pic shows the hair not even there O_O

Second, the torso was annoying because of the strap and the scarf/robe/sash, making the entire torso a cluster **** O_O

So...yea

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it looks good, pm me if you want me to skin it..

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Erm... is he some kind of mutant sand thingy? his skull is very oddly shaped... you had the same problem with your sasuke...

Best answers
Yea, I noticed the skull shapping was wierd when I posted the pic, *shrugs* I'll work on it tomorrow

I just spent the entire day just doing that o.o so...I'm tired =/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Side of the head is to large, Mouth should be higher and less wider, the piece of hair on the front of his head should have more induvidual hairs
more like this:

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/tutimages/profile2.GIF

use that. its a female but it should give you a fairly good shape of a human skull from the side. and get some front refs. his mouth is way too big, his nose is way too wide, and his skull is misshappen even in front view. also his hair looks too smooth, not enough messiness and spikes. look in the pic posted. Also, his face looks too chubby from the front. Make it so that its a bit thinner. His arms are way too muscular and his forearm is a bit too long. His hands look like their hanging limply off the arms. His neck is too emphasized and muscular. Sorry i was sleepy last night and couldnt crit much.

some references

Best answers
Thanks Chris. I'm gonna use your references. Also, I just deleted the mouth, and everything below the head, So, he has no neck.

I'm starting him over, because there was too many problems with it mesh wise, and, It didn't please me >_< So...back to work!

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good luck, youre a good modeller, you just have some problems with proportions.

Best answers
yeah good luck... anyway this model nice... ears should be seeing

Best answers
Yea, I'm piss poor at proportions, but I do my best >_<

Anyway, heres the head so far (This is all thats left of the original model)

The back of the head was disgusting, so I deleted it

Edit: Update below

Best answers
You can't see the pic? hmm...I'll try another host then O_O

Anyway, I basically wanted to try a new approach to the dreadful back of the head...And, I also did the hair in a way I did not want to do...But, in the end it gives "feel" of it in smooth shaded.

Current Polycount : 701

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now the hair in the back is way too poofy, similar to your sasuke. He looks like that alien reporter in Futurama 0_o. Anyway, bring the hair back in and make some more random spikes on the top and in the middle, basically fill up the empty spaces, gaara's hair isnt smooth anywhere on his head.

Best answers
Tweaking around with it...

Any better?

20 more poly's were added in the production of this pic O_O

Best answers
you did good for a rookie modeler. that's the basic look of gaara but you did use quite a bit of poly's.

Best answers
...I feel vaguely insulted...."rookie" modeler -.-

The only reason I suck is because I quit modeling nearly 2 years ago, and I was modeling for 1-2 years prior to that. Other then that, the one reason why I'm not good is because I do everything by myself, and have no real full knowledge on anatomy. Infact, when I first started modeling, ESF probably wasn't around O_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom