Gaara *WIP*

Best answers
here is gaara unskinned, i started him this morning and didnt feel like stoping at all so here is my wip right now, in the skinning phase.

Best answers
Very nice man. I'm a fan of Gaara, and I gotta say this looks promising. Can't wait to see it skinned.

P.S: Which mod is this for?

Best answers
The model is really nice but you should change a few things ,
edit his "belts" they are closer to his body , change the shirt alittle .
You could also use alpha layers on the hair so you can make it more smooth
and less spiky (like the show) and at the same time lower the polycount :yes:

heres an entire Gaara gallery full of ref pics :]
http://gallery.narutofan.de/thumbnails.php?album=11

Best answers
Finished the skin, skin maps arent my type sorry

Best answers
The face is too happy he needs his pissed off look ,or he's deranged look :devgrin: eyes need to be bigger aswel .
And he has some sort of metal protection thingies at the end of his
sleeves .

pictures:

Try to make the face more like this:

These are the metal protectors at the end of his sleeves:

Best answers
Well i find thad pretty good, but you should work a little more on the skin else its pretty nice.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Okey, well I was looking at this and couldn't help simle. Reminds me of how i was not too long ago when i couldn't see the mistakes with my models. This is usually because i also would finish them in a day, you tend to over look stuff. To get to the point tho, this model simply put is bad and the skin isn't much better. I want you to take a break from your computer, walk around, sit back down, watch a few episodes of the chunnin prelims (eps 48-50). Then take a look at the render you posted. You should see some very big problems very fast.

Right now here are a few key area's that are making the model look bad. The hair is way too poofy, really it's like a fro. Garaa has flat messy hair. The face looks a tad too long as well. The eyes are wrong, once again look at more refs, they aren't that shape. Also your goard is the wrong shape and WAY WAY too big, look at more refs. The sashes look like they hand too much off him, and he looks just a LITTLE bit too thin, especially on the body. This model could look very nice if you put a little more loving into it :).

Best answers
thanks for the crits eclipse, could you possibly give me some tips on how to improve my work?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well it's hard to tell without seeing the flatshaded mesh, but here is a like imageedit/drawover, crapness thing i made XD, should help a little, flatten the hair, change the eye make the jaw line a bit higher, make his torso a bit wider, and size down that goard, it's freakin huges XD.

Best answers
thanks man i appreciate you taking your time to help me out

Best answers
i think you forgot to add those netty sleves he has, i dont know if he wears them all the time, i dont watch naruto

Force Pit Member
Best answers
oh ya ya! don't forget to add those in as well, if you want i can help you out on a more 1 to 1 level, jsut hit me up on AIM or MSN when i'm online

Aim: The3DStampede
Msn: [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom