G-Max Modeling Tutorial

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, Now I have something to show. I finished my video for G-Max modeling. Some clips are a bit fast, so just press pause if you need to read the whole thing. I don't know how to stream it, So Rapidshare was nice enough to let me host it there.

http://rapidshare.de/files/3274063/TUT_0001.wmv.html

This video is for the basics. Alot of people (including how I used to be) had trouble just starting out in G-max, so this is only for that. It explains the most commonly used tools, and shows how to start your model. This tutorial is meant as a starting point, and doesn't guide you throughout the whole modeling process, cause some people are too lazy o_O to read tuts ( including me) So I made this to make learning easy and fun.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats so.... unique @_@

i think i was paying so much attention to trying not to think of semi naked singing japanese dudes, that i wasnt watching the tutorial much =X

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree, that was scary. I skipped to the modelling part, and it wasn't very in depth. I find that more of the video was about the basics of setting up than modelling (which is sometimes good). Try to go into more of the tools besides Cut and Weld.

Best answers
Good one axeman lol. I thought it was quite funny. It was however very informative. Good work. The music was hilarious.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm... Out of all the nubs who come crying to me online for help in g-max, I am suprised not more of them took advantage of this tutorial... As I based this tutorial on things People have asked me. Waste of time... :no: ;/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
Hmm... Out of all the nubs who come crying to me online for help in g-max, I am suprised not more of them took advantage of this tutorial... As I based this tutorial on things People have asked me. Waste of time... :no: ;/
Hey! Thats not true! I love the film I just want more now... ABout modeling everything else.... Its deffinately helpful for me

Best answers
good job Growler.it should be helpfull to alot of people(and me :laff: ).i always wanted to learn 3dsmax/gmax.thanks for it! :)

D2

Polygon Pusher
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
just out of curiousity I downloaded it too, and for noobs its pretty ok, and i agree bapplebo. in the next one explain more tools.

(hehe but maybe it would be wise to pick some different kind of music ;) or just leave it out. i guess that would make the file size alot smaller 2)

Anyway'z keep it up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
movento said:
good job Growler.it should be helpfull to alot of people(and me :laff: ).i always wanted to learn 3dsmax/gmax.thanks for it! :)
<_< .... why did ya told me to teach yo lwo and ya called me teh masta?

... uhm dude... i really just skipped alot of parts and set my music volume on the lowest volume.
anyway i gues you betta should learn more in gmax urself.. so you can do later a better tutorials and withouth those texts... just set recording a movie however and where and nexttime use ur voice in it <_< nobody can laugh at you. there r so many guys around teh world who talk at their tuts too.

thought gmax is pretty familar with 3ds <_< so you could use some help from girs tut.

I still got respect at you because i tried to do a tutorial but i never finished it might ill do a html tutorial for lwo advance.... <_< ... if eclipse will send me his buu and i see how he did go one with his buu i might go on with his buu head tut... but not now, later.

but still try to do a tut next time when you get much better. (like not only using quads... how about useing tris in a right time?)

Best answers
ok growler i cant seem 2 download ur tutorial and i dunno the website for G Max s can u tell me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey this is pretty nice imo, ima use this later on for sure, il also be sure to put my volume on 0 >_> but thnx dude, be sure to let it stay online for a couple more days, i R not @ my comp now, ima dll it as soon as i R there again.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tutorial...OK
Movie tutorial...Fine with me

but HOW you did it just sucks, people dont want to read long texts (atleast i dont) and prefer having someone talking to (together with some text) and NEVER EVER use music in a tutorial...it distracts you from learning anything, but silence distracts you as well thats why you need to talk while making the tutorial...

Best answers
I can't view it but I think thats because I am behind a router and the router ip address has maxed out the site so to speak, if you want I can probably host the tutorial on fileplanet... but you'd have to contact me :)

Best answers
yea u should cuz for some reason i cant c it 2 so u should host on fileplanet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Tutorial...OK
Movie tutorial...Fine with me

but HOW you did it just sucks, people dont want to read long texts (atleast i dont) and prefer having someone talking to (together with some text) and NEVER EVER use music in a tutorial...it distracts you from learning anything, but silence distracts you as well thats why you need to talk while making the tutorial...

Will do for my next tutorial. If anyone has Ideas they want to throw out at me for my next one, including ways I can improve it, and different skills I should include, please do so.

Best answers
this is excellent most tuts teach beginning stuff but theres still always somthing i get stuck on so this should be my cuppa tea GJ

Best answers
Growler, I am new to Gmax and I have the 1.2 version. Pls. make a tutorial also on how to view a .mdl file in Gmax.

I have the mdl script, and once I run the script and open the mdl file nothing shows up and it says "no get function or undefined".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom