G force vs Radeon

Wich card will give you more bang for you buck?

• Radeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • G Force

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
Ok its that time again,time to build a new comp. I ordered all the other parts. Now for the video card. Lemme know what you guys think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Geforce has released a new vid card which is extremely powerful and capable of everything as far as im concerned but it is gonna cost you a lot of money.Ati Radeon is good but the new Geforce that is out is better.All I know...^^

Best answers
Yeah I know how Half-Life dissed GeForce but it really doesn't matter and such but this is what I concluded from my rich ***** cousin that I got...

Radeon = All about Graphics but Slower than the GeForce..
GeForce = All about Speed but graphics aren't as great as Radeon

That is just what I did because my cuz got the top cards and tested it on his comp... if you want his specs,here...

Intel Pentium 4
2.8 Ghz
1024 DDR
ATI Radeon 9800 XT and GeForce 5700 Ultra with the .5 Rel Drivers...
Sound Audigy some **** sound card I don't remember
Cable Connection
and I really don't know what else to post... :]

I'm gettin GeForce though.. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get the Radeon for the following reasons:
1) ATI Radeon 9000 series is to the GeForce FX as AMD Athlon XP is to Pentium 4: basically, the Athlon is capable of doing more things , but Pentuim is faster.

2) You can get a good Radeon at a good price compared with a GeForce FX.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Radeon all the way.

1.) Radeon doesn't need to lie on their benchmarks.
2.) Nvidia is the reason we're waiting an extra dozen months for Half Life 2.
3.) Radeon's top of the line card from like, two years back, is only just now being surpassed by GeForces. And guess what? The 9800 beats that.

Radeons are stronger and smoother, if you ask me; the only difference that I can really point out as a negative, is that the Radeons are harder to upgrade drivers for, and don't always play nice with a lot of games. But when you've seen them run side by side (as I have) the Radeon just slams them.

The framerate's a little better, in my estimation, on my 9700 Pro (which came out just around GeForce 3's), than both of my friends' GeForces.

Bottom line: if you're an addvanced user and don't mind a little TLC for your gfx card, get the Radeon. If your a dumbass who wants to just plug and play, and **** the optimizations, then get a GeForce. GeForces definitely require less effort.

GeForce...heh. If you get one of those, make sure to keep an old copy of Direct X 8.1 handy for Half-Life 2...

Best answers
I bought the ATI 9800 Pro 128 and before that I had a Geforce 3 Ti 500. Both cards are great, I guess it all depends on what you have worked with before and if you care about the prices. Check the specs and compare the prices are about the only advice I can give.

Best answers
radeon radeon radeon radeon radeon radeon radeon thats all i can say geforce is **** >.<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get a Radeon 9600 XT for <$220 or a Radeon 9800 XT for a few hundred.

Ascended Player Elite
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I would recommend GeForce
Gogeta said it the best..
ATI is good if you want things to look prettier but for most gamers its the speed we want :devgrin:
The GeForces is an all round better gamers card.. but you do get more for you money with ATI...
So if you are willing to spend the extra $s GeForce is the way to go ;D

Best answers
GeForce: Speed
ATI: Graphics

- Geforces are in my opinion for games. You can also use them for editing and graphic programs but are not that detailed as ATI.
- ATI is more for video editing and graphic programs witch use graphic cards for better detailing like: 3dsmax or something like it. Although they can also be used for games, but are a little bit slower then GeForce but on the other hand give more graphics. And are not always 100% compattible.

'new' GeForce and ATI cards are both great, but the actual quality depends on how much money you would like to spend on them.

- GeForces are relative cheap and give good quality/price combination. They are the most 'standard' for gaming.
- ATI are expensive if you get the newest ones, they give more extra's and other things that sometimes are not needed. more price then quality in my opinion.

If I were you (witch I am not, so do whatever you want), I would wait for just some time, because Nvidia and ATI are 'battling' for the best place. It's just a matter of time one of both will get the best card out... (just like VooDoo cards and GeForce back in the days :]. (GeForce won, now that wasn't a surprise eey? VooDoo wasn't good)

But if you are buying one anyway then chose the one that suits you; Games (GeForce) or editing (Radeon).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Radeon...

well, ya know, G force's are retarded, imo

I had one for ages then swaped it for a radeon, beefed my comp ALOT

Best answers
Nvidiot: Buy a Geforce! there fast!
Bucket Head: STFU! The Radeon 9700 pro pwns all!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Well Bucket Head is right :) But personally, i prefer a Geforce card.
I'm still using a Geforce 3, It runs great!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say Radeon right now because the Geforce drivers for the FX seem to be all over the place recently, plus you won't lose a PCI slot using a Radeon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd pick speed over gfx anyday. So if I were you, Monx, I would go with the GeForce. I've heard it's very noisey, but as long as it gets the job done, i'm happy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The funny thing is, the Radeons are winning in a lot of framerate categories, too--by hairs and pins and needles, but still.

So the difference in framerate isn't even a double-digit number in some cases...and if you try to play Half-Life 2 with an Nvidia, you'll be lucky if your framerate HITS double digits.

I always liked Nvidia but I have to say otherwise now, since I've seen the side by side comparison with my own two eyes. I'll take a roughly 50% better image quality, truform, better AA, and DX 9 support at the cost of 4 fps and 5 extra seconds of texture cache load time anyday.

Best answers
This has been discussed countless times on these forums, truth is, no one brand is better than the other.
Nvidia's forceware/driver set is one of the best I've seen. It gets updates often and performance improves with nearly every driver release.
However, Radeons do beat the most of Nvidia's cards in terms of framerate, but depending on which card you have, its not by much. I'm on a 5200, I can run AA and AF with 2x on most games, I'm content. My card sells for around 70-80 on newegg. The equivelent of the 5200 would probably be the 9500, which goes for around 150 I do believe. All in all Nvidia is much cheaper, if you HAVE the money and you want to blow it all, then go for a Radeon, if your looking to conserve a bit, I would pick up the 5600. 'bout 120 on tigerdirect right now.

*EDIT* I noticed the poll says which card gives more bang for your buck, well I'll give you my firm opinion; Nvidia. Cheap, and it works good. All up to you though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
This has been discussed countless times on these forums, truth is, no one brand is better than the other.
Nvidia's forceware/driver set is one of the best I've seen. It gets updates often and performance improves with nearly every driver release.
However, Radeons do beat the most of Nvidia's cards in terms of framerate, but depending on which card you have, its not by much. I'm on a 5200, I can run AA and AF with 2x on most games, I'm content. My card sells for around 70-80 on newegg. The equivelent of the 5200 would probably be the 9500, which goes for around 150 I do believe. All in all Nvidia is much cheaper, if you HAVE the money and you want to blow it all, then go for a Radeon, if your looking to conserve a bit, I would pick up the 5600. 'bout 120 on tigerdirect right now.

*EDIT* I noticed the poll says which card gives more bang for your buck, well I'll give you my firm opinion; Nvidia. Cheap, and it works good. All up to you though.
Equivilant of a 5200 a 9500?! *Laughs*

A 9500 pretty much pwns 4200/4400/and some 4600's, and all of those pwn the 5200 =P.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right now ATI is on top... Thats if you go and download omega drivers and don't use the incredibly ****ty drivers they have put out for the last 3 releases. Geforce has always had a faster clock speed but that doesn't mean they automatically win in total performance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My 9700 Pro is still smoking most other cards...bested notably only by it's own updated brothers and sisters in the ATI catalog.

You can get my card for two-digit prices, if you look in the right places. My benchmarks still beat all of my friends' GeForce FXs.

On top of that, keep in mind...I've had my Radeon 9700 Pro for 2 years...in that time my friends had to buy a GeForce3, a GeForce4, and now a GeForceFX. And they STILL wouldn't be **** without their Nforce2 motherboards...

So if you feel like buying three cards in a year and a half just to keep up, and if you feel like buying a whole new motherboard to actually get the best performance out of your card...then yeah, Nvidia's for you. lol

ANY 9000 series card will at least rival the highest GeForceFX cards, if you ask me personally. The FX doesn't impress me much; my friends say, "wow, what a massive improvement!"--but I've been looking at better graphics for the last year already, so to me, I don't even notice. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom