Future Sonic The Hedgehog Titles

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There have been a handleful announced Sonic games recently, isntead of makign seperate ones, I'll combine them all into one...

Next Generation Console Sonic Game

Announced for the PS3 and Xbox-360, said to be a "remake" of the earlier Sonic games, view a couple of gameplay clips here: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/sonicthehedgehog/media.html

The switching between day and night is a nifty feature for a Sonic game and the attack connections are well done. Hopefully it becomes announced for the revolution...

Shadow the Hedgehog

Comming out in November and nutorious for Shadow pwning a gun. However, that is only one part of the game. The newest trailer is pretty sick, disregarding the Shadow using weapons http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/shadowthehedgehog/media.html

Supposeivly, you can choose to be dark, hero, or neutral and special moves depend on what you do (similar that of JAk 3). Like, if you destroy the aliens, you get to use chaos control and warp through a chuck of the stage, but if you do evil things, like attack humans, you get to use Chaos Blast which destroys any enemy near you. I think their are melee attacks as well.

Sonic Riders

Antoehr Sonic racing game, this time using hover boards to race. IT looks alright, but the models are pretty sucky so far, so it's basically like a sonic SSX tricky. http://media.cube.ign.com/media/770/770348/vids_1.html

This one comes out in 2006 for current generation consoles

As good as future sonic games seem to me, Sega has, without warning, fired the old sonic voice cast and hired the ones from Sonic X to voice in all of the games mentioned above. To me, obviously, this is a major setback for the Sonic Character.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think Sonics true spirit died after sonic 3, when they introduced too many new characters too fast =/ even the comic died when they did that.

Sonic the hedgehog, and Sonic the hedgehog 2 > all sonic titles.

Best answers
ya after sonic 3 i lost intrest, just not the same when its not a side scroller game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With all this talk aobut "Re-Inventing" the game with the next-gen Sonic, I really hope Sega gets it straight, and ditches the oodles of extra characters and alternate modes of play. And instead, focuses solely on Sonic, and his high-speed action game play. If they do that, and return Sonic too his roots, I'll be extremely excited about this game.

Either way, i'll probably end up getting it, just because I still love Sonic, even if they have the crazy amounts of characters and stupid other gameplay, they still have to have Sonic running through loops somewhere, and that pretty much justifies the purchase of the game right there.

And Shadow the Hedgehog? Well first off, he FELL THROUGH THE ATMOSPHERE in Sonic Adventure 2, so he should be dead. I don't know why sega brought him back. And secondly, he has a gun, I mean just wtf is that all about.

And I haven't really looked too much into Sonic Riders, I'll probably avoid it though. I like Sonic when he's doing is traditional thing, not riding around on boards and such.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic's games should always be fast paced, but they had to move away form the "just hold forward and reach the goal" feeling. Sonic games need more replay value and people get bored with just playing a a single character.

As for Shadow, a lot of people were drawn to his "bad ass" personality, so they wanted him back and there have been many conclusions on how shadow survived. Plus, Sonic needs a rival. And sonic fell through the atmosphere in his 2nd game and he survived :p

But so far, the next generation sonic game seems like sonic is the only player you can be. I do not want any more characters for awhile, the current amount in sonic heroes was enough. Characters need others to deepen their personality, but there is a limit.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't care about HDR real time lighting effects, I just want fast racing, and I saw none of that in any of that footage. "Watch me walk really slow and then stand around, watch me destroy this enemy in seemingly slow-motion while Sonic recovers so I can move forward in slow motion again. Isn't it pretty?" I don't want HDR lighting, I want an insanely fast racing experience. I expect to be let down completely.

Anarchistguy

A
Chakra-X said:
As for Shadow, a lot of people were drawn to his "bad ass" personality, so they wanted him back and there have been many conclusions on how shadow survived. Plus, Sonic needs a rival.
Isn't that why KNUCKLES was created?

And sonic fell through the atmosphere in his first game and he survived :p
That happened in Sonic 2.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Though the footage was basically just attacking and enemy destruction, you could see how fast he will be able to go when he ran acorss that flat surface for a bit. The perriferal vision seems to blur and the camera moves downwards to maek it look like you are moving even more fast.

But yes, this being a next gen console, I expect the "supersonic speed" to really seem like you are breaking the sound barrier.

Anarchistguy said:
Isn't that why KNUCKLES was created?

That happened in Sonic 2.
Knuckles has drifted away from being Sonic's rival, to being his "distant friend". Shadow is another hedgehog that can match his speed, look and even has a super form, and yes I meant Sonic 2, that's just embarresing on my part ;/

Best answers
Sonic for the next gen console doesnt seem all that good except that better graphics and such, now shadow the hedgehog game is something that i'd be intrested, but skating sonic game doesnt seem all that fun

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am thoroughly unimpressed by that demonstration.

They should've shown off some supersonic speeds, racing through loops and crap.

This just looked like a revamped Sonic Adventure 2 to me, except with prettier graphics. =/ There was hardly any sense of speed in this demo.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ever since they seen dragon ball z...

i just hope at somepoint they go to what sonics about and actually add the intense speed, and im not just talking about what they have on the adventure games i mean capable of racing lightning kind of speed

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/sonicthehedgehog/media.html

Now this trailer ain't too bad at all, low quality though

Since when did Super Sonic have lightning surrounding him?
Since he went SSJ2. Hyper Sonic had lightning spinning around him, and it's prettier graphically, so they probably just jumped from Super Sonic to Hyper.

Edit- Also, even though Sonic 3 and Knuckles was insanely fun for me, and I loved super tails, I've got to give it to Sonic Adventure 2. I can't tell you how many times I've stayed up for hours just to beat my own best times on some of those Sonic and Shadow stages on the hard difficulty levels. It was well designed and speedy when it needed to be, the rest of it might as well have been left out of the game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like it if they combined the speed and style from sonic adventure two with the "super sonic/hyper sonic in any stage" style.

I think the in game movies are very early stage becayse it is like a moon gravity cheat, seeing how slow it takes sonic to fall.

Sega wasn't so big on the "Super Sonic" thing, but seeing them put him in a trailer, they may give him a more popular purpose, they have also took the "spin dash" style from Sonic X. I wouldn't be surprised, since they fired Ryan Drummond and the rest of the vocal cast (I don't think Shadow) and hired the ones from Sonic X.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Edit- Also, even though Sonic 3 and Knuckles was insanely fun for me, and I loved super tails, I've got to give it to Sonic Adventure 2. I can't tell you how many times I've stayed up for hours just to beat my own best times on some of those Sonic and Shadow stages on the hard difficulty levels. It was well designed and speedy when it needed to be, the rest of it might as well have been left out of the game.
I know exactly what you mean, as odd as it may sound, the most hours i've ever put into any game is SA 2. I had my original save file at just under 120 hours, then sadly, it was accidently deleted. :(

Although overall, I think that was better for me. My recreated save file is now at about 80 hours I believe (haven't played it in a few months), and when I started that, it gave me new incentive to go and get all the emblem's in the entire game. That was sooooo fustrating (I am never gonna play a knuckles treasure searching level again), but the 3d remake of Green Hill Zone complete with classic music and sound effects was so totally worth it for a Sonic nut like me. Although for all that effort, I kinda wish they at least did more than the first act, it's like a minute long. But it's still super sweet.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought SA1/2 were great. Sonic Heroes, however was a major letdown. I hope the next Sonic game will rekindle my faith.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As much as I love sonic, I personally think they're just beating a dead horse here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arthos said:
As much as I love sonic, I personally think they're just beating a dead horse here.
Welcome to the video game industry. If it wasnt for dead horses, these game creators would actually need to create once in a while.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you now what they should do? they should start base the new soni game off of sonic 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom