Future Releases Q (& hopefully A)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some of these questions have been asked before, so I apologize if repetition really bothers you. I'll only ask what I haven't seen up here in the last week or so though.

1. Melee struggles. I heard a lot of gibber-jabber over melee struggles a couple of weeks ago from nobody particularly important and I was wondering if the team is actually planning on implamenting this. Is melee moving in this direction?

2. Lasers. Finger lasers, eye lasers, buster cannons... Alright, Gundam Wing aside, are the aforementioned attacks going to be reworked at any point in the future, to either reduce damage or increase ki cost? There aren't too many people complaining right now, but I have a feeling that once hit-prediction is integrated into ESF, these attacks will become much more frustrating. There are those would would play and frieza and never use an attack outside of the finger laser, and the same goes for Picollo's eye beams. I was just wondering...

3. Special Beam Cannon. Special Beam Cannon is a powerful attack, but it cannot be controlled. Once it is attached to picollo it will make him a sitting duck whenever he fires it. Is the speed going to be increased to compensate for this?

4. Beams and Bombs. Will any of the attacks be revamped in the future, as far as their look and physics? Like a burning attack which is more accurate to the show ( a ball ), a finishing buster beam (like in the show), or a more accurate Final Flash (as in not just a nuclear warhead you detonate over a city)?

5. Frieza. Is the poor fool going to get any additional attacks in this beta or the next?

6. Power Struggles. It seems kind of stupid that everyone on the map, including myself, has to die when I win a large power struggle. Notice that on the show, the entire planet doesn't blow up when Cell loses to Gohan, and Gohan doesn't explode. I'd like to know if this is going to be fixed at any time soon.

I'll post more as I think them up. I would appreciate this topic staying just that; the one and only topic on this thread. Feel free to add your own comments about the attacks and characters though, as well as your own questions, just don't take us totally off course.

Best answers
I actually have a question too, about the multiple ps system.
If you throw a projectile (big bang, sb etc.) and you get into a ps/bs with someone, can you push your projectile with a beam of your own???

Best answers
If u shot the beam and got into a ps u cant push your own beam with another beam. >_< :talk:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He said it was a projectile, read it more closely. He is also talking about beta 1.1, not beta 1.0.

Best answers
How will the hit prediction affect things, if it's implemented in 1.1? Does this mean head-on melee will be fairer in 1.1? If so, what will determine who hits who in a head on? Do they both take a hit, like how Trunks/Goten and Goku/Vegeta smack each other at the same time?

It was suggested that the rather cheap block/melee move was going to be sorted out in the Suggestions forum; are any other wrinkles in the melee system to be ironed out (such as ometimes the swoop ends prematurely, sometimes melee controls "jam" for no reason)?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If these questions were answered by a mod or someone in charge it might make for a decent sticky. Keep your questions coming.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd just wanna know one thing.

Will Trunk's attacks be fixed? :p
I think that Burning Attack would be more useful as a ball for the
fact that when its already airborn you have the time to pull out
melee or another beam. If it stays the way it is its goinna be
pretty useless because the blind effect only last for like 1.5 seconds.

And his Finishing Buster is a genki-dama sized BEAM.
Its like a giant balloon on a stick(the stick is the aura trail). It doesn't
look so pathetically little like that, and neither does the Big Bang Attack.
(Which is my favorite technique)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not gonna answer anything unless i get permission

AND OH MY BLOODY GOD BURNING ATTACK IS NOT A FREAKEN BALL ATTACK!!!!!!!! IT NEVER HAS BEEN AND IT NEVER WILL BE!!!!!!!!

exactly the same with finishing buster ITS NOT A DAMN BEAM ATTACK!!!!!!!!;(

Best answers
Hibiki You Seem Pretty Mad There.Well I only have one question.
Lets say someone was in a blockstruggle,and they were losing and almost near the ground or wall or sky watever.Would I be able to knock the beam to the side with melee?
Another Thing Will I be able to hit the beam back if it were coming to me?:]

Best answers
About the multiple ps, i liked the way it was in the alpha. If a teammate was loosing a ps you could help him with fireing a beam too. When you was in ps with a ball attack like the big bang, you could make as much big bangs as you want to. That was really fun and more realistic to the show...

Best answers
ok... 2 things: 1 Burning Attack as far as i know is a BALL,
2 When does freeza gets form 3? i mean wich version?
wait 3 things:
BBA is tiny ball, just watch when vegeta is fighting Kid buu, he uses BBA, and it is a tiny ball with a HUUUGE blast.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BBA is both a ball and a beam. Burning attack as far as I know is only a ball. Does it seem like Frieza's death ball is just a quick charging big bang that you can fly around with before you fire to anyone else? I would like to know if there will be more accurate and or balanced special "spam" attacks in the future.

Also, how will speed be handled? Speed is already incredibly fast when it comes to two transformed characters going at one another, and another speed boost for Super Saiyan 2 seems like it would be overkill. Will speeds be scaled down to compensate?

My last question is this: When the second transformation is set in place for each character (in Beta 2.0 perhaps), will Cell's Perfect transformation compensate for the weakness of his previous form? (In other words will the multiplier from Cell form 2 to Perfect cell be higher than from Super Saiyan to Super Saiyan 2 for the purpouses of putting Perfect Cell back into the game as a balanced character)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I have seen burning attack in 2 different forms

1. BALL: Trunks hitting Frieza

2. BEAM: Trunks fighting the androids in History of Trunks Movie(but that is a movie, so i doubt anyone would take it into consideration)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When did trunks hit frieza with a ball? And History of Trunks was a special, wasn't it? Those count.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok goku does the kamehameha differently in one ep does that mean that from then on kamehameha is always done like that?

nope it doesnt

it was a ball that one time not two times not three times only once which does not mean that is always how it is done

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
When did trunks hit frieza with a ball? And History of Trunks was a special, wasn't it? Those count.
watch that episode again. trunks hit Frieza with the ball. Trunks comes in and slices him and then uses another a energy beam to burn the slashed pieces of Frieza.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fine you can have your damned beam burning attack since its a 50-50 deal :p

Trunks doesn't hit freeza. Freeza jumps out of the way, straight up. But he's too busy looking at the explosion to see trunks appear right in front of him and slice him in half.

But do me a favor: Watch DBZ Episode 179: Free the Future. Except watch it in japanese. And watch trunks charge up a massive attack, and listen to trunks yell "FINISHING BUSTER!" and then watch as trunks fires a huge *****BEAM***** and kills cell.

Super Botuden 2 doesn't have crap on the ACTUAL FREAKIN SHOW COME ON!

Would somebody just look at this? Could somebody just please say "Ok fine but for the sake of balance and variety and whatever we're keeping it a ball." Cause then I don't care. But you people just won't admit the incorrectness...

Best answers
Originally posted by Hitokiri
Fine you can have your damned beam burning attack since its a 50-50 deal :p

Trunks doesn't hit freeza. Freeza jumps out of the way, straight up. But he's too busy looking at the explosion to see trunks appear right in front of him and slice him in half.

But do me a favor: Watch DBZ Episode 179: Free the Future. Except watch it in japanese. And watch trunks charge up a massive attack, and listen to trunks yell "FINISHING BUSTER!" and then watch as trunks fires a huge *****BEAM***** and kills cell.

Super Botuden 2 doesn't have crap on the ACTUAL FREAKIN SHOW COME ON!

Would somebody just look at this? Could somebody just please say "Ok fine but for the sake of balance and variety and whatever we're keeping it a ball." Cause then I don't care. But you people just won't admit the incorrectness...
Right...I remember now. I should've remembered it before though.. I made a AMV out of that whole thing. :]

Edit: I'm d.ling that episode this epiosde out of curiosity.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
"Ok fine but for the sake of balance and variety and whatever we're keeping it a ball." Cause then I don't care. But you people just won't admit the incorrectness...
I said it :D lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom