FUN with sprites

Best answers
I'm trying somthing a little different...this looks pretty cool so you should try it.

Try taking kamecharge.spr (the original is the one i used)... and making it spirit bomb.spr and spiritbombcharge.spr.

Then take bigbang.spr and make it kamecharge.spr..its cool the spirit bomb is really small but it looks cool.

Now take lgtning.spr and put it into powerup.spr...this also looks cool and it does change color with the transformations...

Yep thats all so just try it....and its all pretty fun....oh and just copy the lgtning.spr not remove it and change it....

And can anyone try making a better looking lgtning and lightning.spr??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you think you could give us a few pictures aswell? It'd save alot of people from having to mess about with all their files to find that these could look absolutely naff. Sounds intresting though, i imagen it looks a bit messy though ;/

Best answers
actually not..it looks very cool...as for pics....i don't know how to put em on. Anyway the lghtning.spr looks very good, it looks like a real powerup...and the spirit bomb looks at full power about as big as half or 3/4 as big as it gets when its used as kamecharge...it looks great in game....the main sb is really cool but the small sb is very hard to see...(about the size of a grape at full power)...but it sure looks cool to see such a tiny ball make such a huge boom....:)

try fooling around with sprites....its really fun, it makes the game feel more accustomed to your tastes. as for me i got tired of the powerup...it was to much animation for me...so i messed around (for only 5 mins) and found that the lgtning.spr looks cool (the lightning.spr doesn't look good at all).

The bigbang thing was a guess and it worked out well...the charge moves a lot so it looks very cool....all i did was copy and paste and then rename...DO NOT just replace somthing without backing both sides up...it can be very bad..back to the bigbang kamecharge....its a lot more blue than the original and it goes well with the dark blue kame color.

I also got bored of the blue spirit bomb that lior made so i got creative and stuck kamecharge in their thinking that it would get just as big but look pretty cool....well i was wrong but somtimes mistakes work as good or better than what you orginaly planned...

Soo to make this thread live longer...what kinda personal edits have you made of this sort....and post a pic if you can...(sorry i can't):(

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to host some images, just press f5 when you are ingame, and you'll have yourself a screenshot, after that go angelfire or w/e and get yourself an account, after that it's pretty easy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive quite possibly found one of the greatest free picture host sites that ive come across. You dont need to register, you just simply load the image up and voila. Hosting here will be very simple, fast and easy.

Best answers
ok cool...i will have it uploaded monday...or maybe sooner....maybe....ill upload the pic of the small spirit bomb at full power using the orginal kamecharge.. and ill do the powerup aura....and the kame with bigbang sprite

Best answers
ok here they are
sorry they are bmps but i dont know how to change them...in order...i think are the power-up with the lghtning.spr...next is the kame charge with bigbang.spr then small spirit bomb at full power using original kamecharge....and then the big spirit bomb using the original kamecharge...there phew...now i just hope they work...btw that site is amazing helped me a ton...ty

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/esf_mtside0005.bmp

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/esf_mtside0006.bmp

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/esf_mtside0011.bmp

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/esf_mtside0012.bmp

BTW make sure to enlarge the pics once you open the page...they don't look very good if you don't.

EDIT: here is their real order...powerup....Big Spirit Bomb....Small Spirit Bomb...kamewith bigbang...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never post bmp's, they are killer to load

Pictures:

1. Looks cool, thats a kame torpedo right?

2. & 3. I can't really see a change in them...

4. Great job, just make sure it doesn't cover the player ;)

Best answers
no that is the lghting.spr for gokus trans lighting...i copied it and put it in for powerup

Heh....as for 2 and 3 trust me...big big big change...the big sb with kamecharge is about the size of gokus head at full charge....its not like a mile up there...its about 3 feet above his head...lol

The kamecharge with big bang was tough..and i cant get it not to cover the player.....o well the orginal did but it was clear and white so it was hard to notice,

all i want to know is if your going to use them??

PS the bigbangkame spr. is more animated than you think....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cool, but !XxShAdOwxX! is right bmps are killer to load, you should consider converting to jpg.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to change your file from a bmp to a jpg, its pretty simple really.

When you save the file, and you get to name it underneath the file name is a section named "file Type". If you use paint to open the pictures, it will save them as bmp as default, just open the slider and choose to save them as JPEG (the file size is much smaller)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Checkplease said:
I will say this again...I DONT KNOW HOW TO CONVERT
If you are using F5 for an HL screenshot, just open it in Paint. Then hit File, Save As and go down to the box where you can change the format. Make it JPEG. Then name it what you want then save it where you want and there you go!

Best answers
Okey guys back to the topic.

The Kame and Change up look pretty cool, but the SB looks kinda... yea... small.

Best answers
ill convert them and add them to my site, when they are loaded.. looks cool

Best answers
ok guys listen I made the SB's small for a reason...I was sick of seeing the big Spirit Bombs so I made them tiny..Its kinda like a super powered little ball ( Vegeta uses one against buu). I like them small and I hope you guys too.

Best answers
you bmp's don't work to me they wouldn't open all just half of picture... make it jpbs of your latest works ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom