Full Metal Alchemist(spoilers)

Best answers
I just watched the final episode, and man this series was awesome, it was perfect besides the fact that it had too many episodes(would have been much better if the story had been compressed), but discuss people! What did you all think?

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved it, one of my favorite Animes.
Although, I did find the final episodes a bit disturbing, wasnt exactly pleased with the way things ended but now that I think of it I watched it a long time ago and I havent even checked the closing movie x_x

I think it's time to rewatch it all ^_^

But overall, kickass Anime! thanks to Clipse for dragging me into it xD

Best answers
I loved it, one of my favorite Animes.
Although, I did find the final episodes a bit disturbing, wasnt exactly pleased with the way things ended but now that I think of it I watched it a long time ago and I havent even checked the closing movie x_x

I think it's time to rewatch it all ^_^

But overall, kickass Anime! thanks to Clipse for dragging me into it xD
I started watching this after finishing Elfen Lied......after watching that there isn't much that will shake me up...although yes I was surprised how brutel the final episodes were, considering lots of fans were like 11 year olds. They must have cried in their mother's arms when Edward died ;)

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love this anime, it is deffinitly on my top 5 list of anime's.

If you seen the anime, you should see the fma movie, conquerors of shambala.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I started watching this after finishing Elfen Lied......after watching that there isn't much that will shake me up...although yes I was surprised how brutel the final episodes were, considering lots of fans were like 11 year olds. They must have cried in their mother's arms when Edward died ;)
Not disturbing in that direction, I meant disturbing as in, not quite right...
Hard to explane but...disturbing in the horror/brutal direction was never a factor in FMA in my opinion, not in comparison to Elfen Lied anyways.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, now you got me all excited again. I think I'm gonna rewatch it... Great series, perfect length (shouldn't be longer, nor shorter). You should see the movie too, Conquerors of Shambala, nice addition to the series.
Oh, and Edward never actually really died you know, he just passed trough the gate, and his body 'died' in his own world.

And I think what SV means is that, even though Elfen Lied is all about brutal horror stuff (never seen the show, should watch it though), FMA has a different atmosphere. I mean, when(highlight) Hughes died, it really got to me in a way

Best answers
Damn, now you got me all excited again. I think I'm gonna rewatch it... Great series, perfect length (shouldn't be longer, nor shorter). You should see the movie too, Conquerors of Shambala, nice addition to the series.
Oh, and Edward never actually really died you know, he just passed trough the gate, and his body 'died' in his own world.

And I think what SV means is that, even though Elfen Lied is all about brutal horror stuff (never seen the show, should watch it though), FMA has a different atmosphere. I mean, when(highlight) Hughes died, it really got to me in a way
That's what I said.....he died, in FMA your soul goes to the gate when you die, and since he didn't pass through the gate yet then Al was able to revive him.

Best answers
That's what I said.....he died, in FMA your soul goes to the gate when you die, and since he didn't pass through the gate yet then Al was able to revive him.
Nope your soul goes to the gate everytime you try human transmutation. But there were similar people beyond the gate just because it was alternate dimension, expect in FMA world they developed alchemy and in the other world they developed technology.
If i remember it right, the world split in 2 dimensions during the witch hunts when lot of people died, And Honenheim and Dante used their souls to create the first philosophers stone.
That of course how i remember things.

Best answers
Nope your soul goes to the gate everytime you try human transmutation. But there were similar people beyond the gate just because it was alternate dimension, expect in FMA world they developed alchemy and in the other world they developed technology.
If i remember it right, the world split in 2 dimensions during the witch hunts when lot of people died, And Honenheim and Dante used their souls to create the first philosophers stone.
That of course how i remember things.
The Homunculous wasen't using human trasmutation when she stabbed Ed through the chest.

Best answers
The Homunculous wasen't using human trasmutation when she stabbed Ed through the chest.
Yep, but Ed was already a leftover of human transmutation, the things behind the gate just claimed his soul. Not to mention there was a huge-ass philosopher stone next to them, inside transmutation circles on 6 sides.
Anyway it was just a special occurance, or did Hughes go over the gate when he died?

Best answers
Yep, but Ed was already a leftover of human transmutation, the things behind the gate just claimed his soul. Not to mention there was a huge-ass philosopher stone next to them, inside transmutation circles on 6 sides.
Anyway it was just a special occurance, or did Hughes go over the gate when he died?
Hughes went over. Same with the Furor(who Mustang killed), so that's why I'm saying Ed died.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ed didn't die, he ended up in our world during WW2. Our world as in no alchemy only sciense.

Best answers
I Cried when hughes died a tear tries 2 come thru now everytime i think about...:'(

Best answers
Hughes went over. Same with the Furor(who Mustang killed), so that's why I'm saying Ed died.
Nope he didnt, there was just a match for each person in each world. There was also a match for Ed, but he died because when Ed was first time over on the other side he got crushed by the zeppelin. There was also Al look-alike on the other side if you remember? Same for Roze and various other characters.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney, before you say anything about Ed being dead when he passed to the other side, have you seen the movie? It would practically destroy your arguments you use. He is not dead, just watch the movie.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Watch towards the end when Ed's father explains what just happened to him on the other side of the gate. Then watch the movie as it explains it more, but pretend that the movie was just an alternate ending.

I mean the movie was pretty cool and all, but I really did not like where they took it.

Now what's funny, is if you read the manga, it splits from the anime around the 24th episode or so, then goes in a very different direction. I definately prefer the manga's storyline to the anime, but that's only if you want to invest the time or want a longer storyline. The anime is still great with only 50 or so episodes.

And sorry JP, this is probably too late for you, but I'll edit the thread's title to note that it has spoilers as editing everyone's post is going to be a pain.

Best answers
i watched fma a while ago but from what i can remember, ed goes though the gate which brings him to our world during WW2 but instead of being in his own body he goes into the Ed of our worlds body and gets him killed pretty much, when that Ed dies he comes back to his world in his current body. In the end Ed uses human thing to bring his brother back but instead of his parts of his body being taken he is transported back over to our world in his current body because the 3 years him and his brother spent on was the trade for his brother coming back to life in his human form. not sure if its all correct cuz this is from the top of my head. If i also remember tho everyone time someone uses alac they are using a person soul from our side of the world and that is why we always have wars or something along thoes line. my suggestion is to rewatch the eps where ed gets taken to our world and his farther explaines everything and then watch the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom