Full flight mode

Best answers
Here is my suggestion: there should be a full flight mode in the game. when you use the full flight mode, You could fly faster then normal flying and it will drain your KI much slower, but you can't use any beam or melee atacks. It would be a good way to travel from one side of the map to another. So what do you think?
EDIT:
Here's how the animation should look like (but without aura)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A non-fighting mode? I think not.

Just beamjump.

Best answers
well would be better if u would boost it.. that way it might work :D a bar just appears and then when it's all done. u do a fast burst and voila. ur moving damn fast ;D but that way u can't control the way of ur moving. it just will go there where ur crosshair points that time u let go of mouse button

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That doesn't sound very intuitive, IMHO.

You mean, like some sort of charged swoop?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why that with swoop you can get from 1 side to the other in no time and if you know how to you dont drain to much KI

Best answers
It's a great idea if you're fighting in a huge map but for small maps it's really not that useful.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
A non-fighting mode? I think not.

Just beamjump.
I'd have to agree with him on this Pain.

Only because beam jumping is going to be slowed down in 1.3 (unfortunatly) if it wasn't i'd be against this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beam jumping will still get you across the map regardless of the speed.
Swoop gliding would work as well, not to mention chain swooping.

Having a seperate flight mode simply for the purpose of getting around is pointless. Especially if you can't fight in said mode.

It would just add more confusion to the game where it is unnecessary.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it seems like a good idea , then you could switch to fighting swoop (i get it) but as stated beam jumping does solve that problem. Other ways also are swoop free falling with teleports and gliding

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Beam jumping will still get you across the map regardless of the speed.
Swoop gliding would work as well, not to mention chain swooping.

Having a seperate flight mode simply for the purpose of getting around is pointless. Especially if you can't fight in said mode.

It would just add more confusion to the game where it is unnecessary.
What pain said pretty much sums out how I feel.

Best answers
i think that the normal swoop should be faster and have less energy usage, look at dbz, they can fly really fast and they don't use that much ki right?
ps. esf already uses too much energy with beams and swoop wasn't that hard for the z-fighters

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurachi said:
i think that the normal swoop should be faster and have less energy usage, look at dbz, they can fly really fast and they don't use that much ki right?
ps. esf already uses too much energy with beams and swoop wasn't that hard for the z-fighters
Those things are done for game balance. Just because they could do it in the show doensn't mean it would be wise to allow them to do it ingame. In the show, Buu was nearly impossible to kill. Should we make buu impossible to kill in the game because it was like that in the show?

Best answers
Well, maybe the esf-team could make a new choosable game type like this: 1.Balanced battle or 2.Real DBZ battle.
That way you could choose :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To me this idea seems sensible... in dbz they had 2 modes of flight, slower but more manuevable (sp?) and a fast flight from getting from place to place. =/ im actually suprised esf doesnt have this.. if it was to be included, it'd have to be charged in dbz you'd stop for a second charge up ur bar, then the aura bursts up around you, you let go and you start flying in the direction you're viewing (just look for the MANY examples in dbz).... the suggestion makes a lot of sense.. Shooting an energy wave at a wall which doesnt exist makes no sense. Shooting a beam to get around makes no sense, when you should be able to fly faster than that, and the fact it was HARDLY EVER used in dbz, and when it was used it was a quick BURST in a certain direction. Yes there are alternatives but this would be in the game as a purpose, and to make it more dbz like. Bleh, i dunno whats up everyones asses.

Best answers
Thats what I'm talking about. This flight mode should be icluded, since all new maps are big (Let's say esf_arrival or esf_gero), so this way of moving is much better.

EDIT:
And maybe there should be a blur effect, when you use the full flight (If thats possible :))

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was going to suggest something like this a while ago, but I was attacked by shotgun-wielding zombie goats. Seems like a good thing to have in. No crits, the way you phrased and presented it was perfect.

All you need is a button to alternate between flight modes :yes:

Best answers
Maybe it should work like this:
When you press "F", You use the normal flight mode.
When you press "F" and then hit "H", you switch to full flight.
When you are in the full flight mode, press "H" again, you switch back to normal fight.
And viola! That concludes the full flight manual :D

Oh, and here's a pic how it would look ingame:

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it. It's like an uncontrollable (as in you fly in the direction you are facing whe you let go of the charge) speed-burst, for a few seconds, based on how long you charge it. Sounds like it would work to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom