Frieza's Transformation

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey that's a pretty good idea, and as it seems, this might actually work on the one and only crappy hl engine.

But isn't this a suggestion ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I quite like that idea, better than him rolling around and magically turning into a 3 foot taller guy.

PRJ

Best answers
yeh this is a nice idea,i like it ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont recall him having the armor in esf, somone refresh my memory.... maybe he does but my stupid memory saying he doesnt.. but i dont know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhh

u realize u cant exactly just have the character model suddenly comming appart and flying around

unless the armor was modeled and then added to the base freezer model then there is no way this could happen

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ofcourse it can happen, when the models starts to switch to the second one.
the armor wil fly away from him, but then each piece af armor should be a model of its own, frieza does'nt have to ware a armor, as a second model.

Or if he transforms , you could ofcourse make it so that freeza would chance model, the one without armor, and that the other models (the armor pieces) would fly away from him, while he is transforming, and if transformation is complete, that the model switches again, but then freeza form one, ofcourse you would have to create a extra freeza skin.

Let me explane again, for those who do not understand.

1 frieza form one
2 Frieza transforms, and while transforming, a sub-model is seen, at the same time, pieces of armor are flying away from him(wich are models of its own)
3 When transformation is complete, then the real frieza form two is seen.

Get it?

Best answers
i like the idea, but what about descending? it would look pretty strange if the armor just appears again. btw was frieza able to descend anyway? o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just makes frieza's transformations permanent.. he never descended in the show.. and when he was remade as a cyborg he was still in final form..

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Offcourse freeza is able to descend, otherwise he would have not known about his other transformations, now would he?

And, personally, i like freeza's descend ability, it let's him gain more pl.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i kno he is.. but i still like the idea of the armor breakin off.. hmm maybe like hib said, model frieza without the armor and then model the armor seperately.. then have it break off when he first transforms.. so when he detransforms, he'll have no armor.. how about that/

Best answers
Well, while it certainly is cool....there's a few problems...

1) Will the ESF team have any spare time to include this? Most probable answer is no with the planning of 1.3, unless they can easily manipulate the transform code.

2) Will HL slow down? ESF was meant to be fun for everyone, including those who have crappy video cards and can't afford better ones.

3) Is it possible to code in Dynamic Polygon Manipulation? (or appropiately known as DPM) should the need arise when modelling it on isn't enough? Most certainly wouldn't be possible.

And for those who don't know what DPM is (and most of you don't anyway)

DPM is the ability to weld , unweld, remove and create vertices of a model ingame, with just the base model. No seperate pieces at all. Just ONE whole model. Meaning you could make Frieza's armor come off with just the model we have now (we have skinning issues though)

Best answers
i really like that idea in esf he just kinda swirls and the armor just suddenly grows with his body :laff:

Best answers
Couldnt it just be made like a sprite? So that the second before he transforms, a sprite appears with the armor being smashed?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To have the armor break off would requier models for each piece of the armor, and a new freeza model.

What for? There are so many things the ESF team has to model, why this? Let them make a new cell or something.

So in my guess, chances of this getting in the game is 1/10000.

Sprites would not work either btw, it would reqire a whole new frieza model. :\

You guys make it sould like HL is god and its nothing, you know, just make his armor fly off, it will only take hella lota time to make, when esf has like a 100000 other things to do..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom