Frieza Disc: Chase Cam

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Herms said:
well I just thought it whould be cool to do the exact thing that frieza and cell did.

and they can always make it so the orignal idea stands where if you get hit you lose control of the disk.

also Ravendust why whould you keep getting your ki drained after you charged up both disks or the one which ever method you chose

aswell does anyone have anything positive to say about my double disk idea?
One disc is quite enough, I think.

Best answers
but it whould take alot of skill to control both.

frieza and cell had the option of controling both why can't we?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also Ravendust why whould you keep getting your ki drained after you charged up both disks or the one which ever method you chose
It's twofold. The first is that it wouldn't be fair to be able to have your ultimate disc of doom fly around the map without some sort of penalty, secondly because Frieza's still controlling it, and that requires energy to keep it in movement.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I'm going to let you in on a little secret...

...you can use the mouse to swoop up and down :O!!!

The disc would be like a constantly swooping player with slower turns, it keeps 'swooping' until Frieza runs out of ki.

Also as you can see on the pic I posted, the HUD stays, and after one hit you lose control of the disc and regain control of Frieza.

Don't focus on the negatives so much, remember this: discs are fast and a one-hit kill. With that in mind, the disadvantages of being vunerable are easily outweighed, especially in 1v1 games.
i was refering to the idea of Herms not yours. Sorry for the missunderstanding XD

just pointing that out

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh whoops, I can't believe I didn't get that :p

I don't think controlling 2 discs at a time is the way to go, it would be really hard. Maybe if they moved as one so you get twice the surface area (easier kills) and your disc can take two ki blasts instead of one.

Best answers
I still think that this chase cam on friesa disc in a little window is a wery good idea.
And if some of you say it is unbalancing.(But it isnt butch) Every thing must not be balanced.(besides it would make freeza usefull again)
If you like balance so mutch then but all skills the same for every one and make every one the same sized and strenght. It fould be balanced? So only diffrence between cahrs is theyr skinn.

And 2 discs are abit mutch in my opinion.(Kienzan renzoku :laff: )

Best answers
The idea sounds good, and it would be fun. But a bit too much of a double-edged sword gameplay wise. It's gonna either make Frieza/Cell too venerable, or it's gonna piss people off even more for killing all the time.

Personally i think it's good how it is now, a few tweaks possibly.
#1 Make the disk steering sensitivity in all directions higher (i know it gets increased a little bit more every beta :p)
#2 Increase the Frieza Disk Sprite/Model quality. Make returning the disk smoother looking, perhaps take a second to hover back on hand.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ah hall, lets just have it home in on the enemy like scatter shot. you just cant move while its flying :)

wont that be fun...

Best answers
Shuyin said:
#1 Make the disk steering sensitivity in all directions higher (i know it gets increased a little bit more every beta :p)
#2 Increase the Frieza Disk Sprite/Model quality. Make returning the disk smoother looking, perhaps take a second to hover back on hand.
3:make the disc wery fast so its harder to controll it ore wery slow so it gan be evaded more easely like via swooping (not slower than turbo moovment tough).

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Why WOULDN'T you be able to know when you get hurt? It's not like the HUD will have to magically disappear or anything. They can keep the HUD in the Disc Cam Mode, and you'll still see your HP bar. If they kept the HUD while in this mode, you could still see if you get hurt.
Last time I checked, beams didn't show up on the hud.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Last time I checked, beams didn't show up on the hud.
He ment the damage to your HP

@Corefinder as said be4 if you make a smaller window where you see the disc than that would half your FPS maby even worse. It isnt unbalanced it causes to much FPS dropand belive me FPS under 30 = lag

So if you have below 60 FPS and you do that you get FPS lag. And belive me haveing low FPS is worse than haveing a big ping.

I still suport the original idea. Its the best so far

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
He ment the damage to your HP
No way, I think you're lying. :S

That's not gonna help you if you get nuked from behind now is it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
No way, I think you're lying. :S

That's not gonna help you if you get nuked from behind now is it?
That's the tradeoff you make. You have a highly maneuverable insta-gib disc, but you have no direct way of seeing what happens around your character. I think it's fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom