Frieza Disc: Chase Cam

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Currently when you fire the Frieza Disc you chuck it, steer it a bit, recall it or crash it into something.

With my new idea, upon throwing the disc you're put into a '****pit' style third-person chase-cam with the disc, so you can actually see where you're steering it in 3D, and have full control. To release manual control you click either mouse button which snaps you back to Frieza but you can't steer the disc anymore, it's freed from you, you can even charge a second disc.

You'd be able to steer it in any direction, but you wouldn't see yourself, meaning someone could sneak up on you and attack you. If you take any damage then you lose control of the disc.

Also, the disc steering should be delayed by a second. If you've played Halo you'll know that when steering the Warthog (third person view) the wheels turn, then the vehicle turns, so there's like a seconds worth of delay before you change direction. This should also be true for steering the disc with the mouse. You move the mouse left and the disc keeps it's current trajectory before turning in the direction of the recticle, sort of like how beams are now but more noticeable. In this pic, the disc is steering left.

C&C yo.

Oh and Credits to RavenTrunks, he was an inspiration o/

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Jus! i like it! Would have friezas disk(controllable) atually controllable, instead of bowable...

Best answers
well it beats what we have now, so.... i love it =3 would make it more fun ^^

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Like it, another unique attack..But I have a question. Does this mean a gohan could make a shield round a firiza while it controlls the disc, and if its not one time use, couldn't it technically keep slaughtering the whole server? And if he hit himself, would tha kill him?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Does this mean a gohan could make a shield round a firiza while it controlls the disc
Technically yes, but shields are only useful against weak attacks (like generic) and constantly eat ki. One strong attack would bypass the shield and get you two kills. That's assuming Real Good/Evil teams are off.

and if its not one time use, couldn't it technically keep slaughtering the whole server?
Hypothetically yes, but he'd have to be controlling it (unless all the players were in a straight line :p ) so he'd be vunerable for a LONG time. Remember only one ki blast hitting Frieza is needed to break the disc control.

And if he hit himself, would tha kill him?
Of course :devgrin:

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been seeing more and more awesome ideas sprouting up these days, great work, I love this idea too. It would make Frieza much more useful and might eliminate his need for a good PS-ing beam, because he would have a more unique attack that he could use instead of PSing.

Best answers
i love this idea as well...

LOL can u imagine when one of those little purple disks appear? everyone would be swooping away firing ki blasts all around the map if they couldn't find where it came from.. hahaahah

Super Moderator
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like it. The way it is now, you can still see what's going on around you, if someone is about to melee you, if a beam is coming in your face etc.... If you went into a chase cam, you're completely vulnerable, because you can't see what's going on around you.

Best answers
but being vulnerable is the sacrifice of being able to guide the disk. Besides, in the show frieza was just standing there and laughing his head off...
but then it was also a 1v1..

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That's the episode(s ) I sort of based it off, Frieza was unmoving, controlling the discs. When he stopped controlling the discs (and couldn't see them) they kept going and went right through him.

Also I think for balance the disc should be destroyable by any energy attack.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it. As for the "can't see what's around you" thing. Could simply have a toggle going on one of the buttons to go back and fourth from the disc and your character.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds OK and you are open to get attacked cause you cant see what you are doing :p

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like it. Its a nice pay off. Could kill someone easier but at the cost of someone coming up and attacking you or shooting a beam at you. Totally nice.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
i somewhat like the idea
but i'd do it like this
primary fire = disc like it is now
+ you see whats around you and can evade attacks
- you cant see the disc that good

secondary fire = disc with chase cam
+ you see what youre going to slice
- you are completely vulnerable while controling it

this way you could decide what to use :p

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That idea also works too. But then how would you call it back? Or would you drop that idea altogether?

1. Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 120 seconds.
God can't they change that to like 90 seconds at least? :cry:

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
i somewhat like the idea
but i'd do it like this
primary fire = disc like it is now
+ you see whats around you and can evade attacks
- you cant see the disc that good

secondary fire = disc with chase cam
+ you see what youre going to slice
- you are completely vulnerable while controling it

this way you could decide what to use :p
you took my idea for the stars plugin, thats what im planning to do.....

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
hehe neat ^^
abd about calling it back... you got chase cam already so no need to call it back :p

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Taking words out of my mouth, but I thought the secondary fire was going to be Frieza's Double Death Disc for some reason. I prefer your way. Maybe to make the secondary more significant you shouldn't be able to steer the primary at all, but it uses less ki/faster charge or is faster moving or something.

Best answers
This idea will be a nice addition to Freeza's attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom