Freedom of Speech. You decide.

Best answers
I would like to get the communities responce to using HL's voice communication.

Pros:
when 1.1 is out you can call for backup in a PS.
Better communication is team games.
Overall friendly battle chatter.

Cons:
Over excited ppl roaring KAAMEEHAAAAMEEEHAAAA down the mic.
The games to fast for talk.
It might increase lag.

I've listed 3 points for each add your own and lets see if we can come to a decision.

(I know this has been posted before but that was before ESF was soo popular. or was it? ;/ )

Best answers
I dunno if it wil cause lag but the fact that there are a great number of 10-year-old-wanna-be-gokuu's on this planet is known and you wil get the KAMEHAMEHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kids that wont let there finger of the C button. With this comes the fact that you can't call for back-up in the time they scream there brains apart so, ind33d the pros and cons are there but I would like to see Voice Com usage in ESF.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm rather oppinionated on the issue, so let me throw in my 2 cents (I know you're all gripping the seat of your pants waiting for it!).

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

You know why? Think about how many times you've been knocking someone around and they start calling you a hacker, or they start calling you a melee whore, or a beam whore, or a little -insert explative here-. Now are you going to suggest to me that you give them a way to complain through my speakers? Oh, I can mute them, but how many will I have to mute? And once I do, how can I tell what is going on between them and any of my other team mates or opponents?

Below Trunks introduced a novel concept... actually explaining through verbal communication just why you aren't a hacker. Have you ever watched a mother try to explain to her 8 year old just why he can't have that Power Rangers action figure? Oh trust me, there will be plenty of that on servers around the country if Voice Communcation is introduced to ESF. Besides... how can you communicate with someone who is screaming explatives? If you even get a word in, they'll just call you something else.

As far as tactical usage is concerned, ESF is a very fast paced game. I don't know how many of you are used to creeping through long dark hallways, hearing a few shots, and alerting your team mates. That's a good example of what Voice Comm is good for. What isn't it good for?

"Get that ****ing spamming f*ggot you useless noobs!"

How often do you think you are going to hear this?

Alright, now how about this:

"He's in the corner of the map, charging up a final flash! You come in from the left, I'll circle around and drop a flash grenade... get ready!"

You probably wont hear something like this, because it doesn't fit into ESF. In ESF, when you see someone charging up an attack, you either run, or rush. You don't get on the phone and ask if it's OK, because in the time it takes you to get confirmation that thing will have been fired off. Another thing people think they can do with it is alert their team mates to incoming blasts... this too is novel, but nearly impossible. Beams don't travel all that slowly, believe it or not. Even a final flash can make it's way across a map in a few seconds. Pressing "C" and screaming "FINAL FLASH GET OUT OF THERE" is only going to hurt ears. Nearly everyone will see something that big coming at them in the first place, and we don't need 3 people competing over the comm screaming about it. I certainly wouldn't want to hear "Where the **** were you f*gs!?" every time an inexperienced player gets angry.

You guys have to rethink ESF's goal. Are we trying to be slow and tactical, or fast and full of ourselves? I think the latter, don't you?

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by SSJ2GoGeTa
I dunno if it wil cause lag but the fact that there are a great number of 10-year-old-wanna-be-gokuu's on this planet is known and you wil get the KAMEHAMEHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kids that wont let there finger of the C button.
I'm a 20 year old Goku wanna-be. :p

I always thought it would be a pretty good idea. People call you a hacker or a cheater even without the voice chat. I think at least with the voice chat you can explain to them why you arent a hacker and why their unwarranted claim needs to be reevaluated. :smile:

Best answers
this as sonic said has its ups and downs......but i would like for people to hear my lovely welsh suducion voice......^.^......but really its a bit too fast of a game for Voice comm's.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's a great function, as long as they kepe the mute function I would have absolutely no problem with it

grtz Naz

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it would be good.

I've never used voicechat before, but can't you just use a command to ignore all the annoying people?

Best answers
sonic makes a good point. but ive been in plenty of HL mods and iv'e only come across a voice spammer like twice. altho those mods arnt ESF, i dont think it will be THAT much worse than any other HL mod. besides, its faster than typing. i dunno how many times some1 has meleed me cause i was typing. :fight: if used right it would be a great addition. plus, i now wanna hear mister satans sexy voice o_o

Best answers
Mute is a lovely function. You think there arent little 10 year olds that play CS or any HL mod with voice for that matter? Wanna-be Gokus? Wanna-be special agents for CS or wannabe war vets for DoD. Its the same for any game. You just mute the morons. Its not that difficult, infact its almost too ez to comprehend.

I'm fairly pro for this idea cuz although many dont realize this it will add to gameplay. Its ezier to talk through a mic then waste time typing. In ESF you cant type to ur teammates in the muiddle of a battle but with mic you could actually use REAL teamwork cuz mics are for fast paced games like ESF where every second counts. "Dragon ball in the water!" "Nme charging SB in the canyon!" "FF by mountains!" "2 enemies on my ass need back up!" "I'm charging a kamehameha cover me!". Its a lot more useful than you think. 2 mature players working together through mics have a stronger chance of beating 2 mature players w/o mics.

Best answers
i have suggested this before... besides theres one and only one reason i would like to have voice chat and thats because esf is too fast paced to be typing all the time, so i think it would be rather handy because when ur playing a real game of esf and trying to not get killed voice chat would be very helpful and im not jsut refering to just team chat im talking about all around chat cause personally i think yelling in the mic "WATCH OUT FOR THAT KAMEHAMEHA" is really stupid. if he sees it, he sees it, if he doesnt, he doesnt but i think it would be great for general chat

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You all keep forgetting that this is a Dragonball Z game and not a strategy game. Voice Comm would be nice if people were to use it responsibly, but people wont. Maybe if it was only integrated into one game type, like a special clan match/tournament mode, it would work. Otherwise, hell no. 10 year olds are not nearly responsible enough.

Best answers
thats what i was trying to point out when im playing "a real game of esf" it would be usefull because of the fact that im actually trying to kick arse and trying also to not get killed thats why this voice comm would be good...but u have a VERY good point..because its human nature to whine and ***** at others...always have, always will

Best answers
umm for all the *****ing about 10 yr olds over using the mic.. thats y you are able to mute the player..

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea I think it would be nice, you can always mute the annoying people.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope I never see voice com in ESF. I think voice come is only good in ns because it is a very team based game. Even though esf has a team mode no one playes as a team(maybe clans do... I don't know or care.) anyway, its just random killing and blowing up the map. There is just no need for vioce com to be in.

Best answers
Voice com is will only work for teams only, not FFA voice com. Why do you think there aren't any voice com FFA's in CS? Cause they don't want to hear the other ppl call them a hacker/cheater/awp whore.

If they put it in and only put it for team voice com(eg. good only hears good evil only hears evil)then i think it could work verey nicely.

Best answers
actually thats not true it is possible to put FFA voice comm so u can hear bothe teams no matter what team ur on.... besides the only good thing is for general caht cause its dumb to go on a mic and say "get him hes charging a spirit bomb" the game is still to fast paced....

Best answers
It would be cool, but we have enough lag as it is.:S

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reading all of these posts, I have to say that ESF does not need, and should not have voice communication. This just simply isn't the kind of game where you need to do that!
This isn't "Hey cover my back while I snipe that guy over there and get the flag.", it's "HOLY CRAP THAT GUY'S POWER LEVEL IS 12,000,000!!! GOKU GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE!!!"
And quite frankly, I would prefer not to hear the latter example blasted into my speakers.
Of course you could mute the people, but even if ESF didincorporate this feature, it would make larger ammounts of lag. (don't tell me ESF doesn't have lag. It has lag, just not as much as other mods create.)
And like Hsu said, even on teams, most people do not play as teams. Sure you may gang up on someone that is really making you mad with his Kamehameha, but not everyone on the team acts together as one unit like in Counter-Strike, or Team Fortress Classic, or other team-based Half-Life mods.

Best answers
well.... maybe when voice is incorparated it will make esf more of a team effort. Plus i end up being able to warn people of an incoming beam by typing. Using vioce would make it a hell of a lot easier to warn sum1. And about the little 8 year olds...I doubt even a fourth of them have microphones (doubt that many people in esf have a mic) but even if you come along sum1 with a mic all you really have to do is mute them. Theres not gonna be like 8 little kids with a mic. The main reason im for having mics in esf is cuz im not going to be able to get sum1 to help me fast enough by typing, but with a mic i could just say ," Hey ******156 come with me and help me take out this guy," or ,"Hey when i hit this guy on the floor nail him with a finalflash." But if i had typed that i would already be dead or he wouldve died or he wouldve moved away and started sumthing else. So what im saying is that adding the microphone to esf will not only NOT be annoying but it will also make esf more team oriented.

Microphone in esf=Good

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom