Free Forum content ownership?

Best answers
I'm looking for a Free Forum service. I'm planning on developing original content, and I wanted to check first to see if I would be the owner of any information that's posted by me or others.

Anyone know how forums work?

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You are looking for sites that offer free forum hosting? There are quite a few of them, take this one for example: http://www.freeforums.org/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He wants to know if any content hosted on a free forum belongs to him or to the one hosting the forum. Which is quite an interesting question and might be answered by reading the ToS of different forum providers.

I guess you'll only be really safe (like 100%) if you buy a license and host a forum on a server owned by you.

Best answers
Yeah that's exactly what I'm asking, thanks for clarifying it. I read the ToS for one of the sites, but it's a little vague sometimes. It says they'll share "certain" personal information, and that I'm responsible for all the content on it. It doesn't say who owns the content though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.x10hosting.com

Best free web host. Requires ads if you want to go big. If you're hosting a forum 10 gigs of bandwidth is a lot. Register. They have to confirm accounts for spam control and then you should be able to login to CPanel, click on Fantastico, and install any forum script you want. They don't mind if you host your own content on there but if you upload like copyrighted materials and they get contacted or trouble for it they'll ask you to delete it if they suspend you or they'll just delete your account without warning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom