Free 46" HDTV with PS3?!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sony finally have a 'good launch'.

BBC said:
PlayStation 3 launched in Europe

It was all smiles for the first in the queue in the UK
Sony has launched its PlayStation 3 (PS3) console in Europe and Australia, hoping to retake its gaming crown.
The company trails Microsoft and Nintendo in sales of next generation consoles and the launch has been beset with problems in the last year.

But the PlayStation brand remains strong with gamers and one million PS3s will hit shops on day one.

At the London launch everyone who bought a PS3 also received a free 46-inch HD television and a taxi home.

In total, the giveaway amounted to ?250,000 worth of televisons to more than 100 gamers.

At the head of the queue, 17-year-old Ritatsu Thomas said the giveaway and PS3 had been worth the 36-hour wait.

He said: "I feel fantastic. I'm delighted that everyone here also gets a television."

Sony has declared its launch of PlayStation 3 to date as a success, saying early sales are faster than those of its predecessor PS2.

It believes that the combination of a high-definition Blu-ray DVD player, online capabilities and gaming powered by the Cell processor will convince gamers to spend ?425 (599 Euros) on the machine.

"High definition is very important to people," said Ray Maguire, head of Sony Computer Entertainment in the UK.

"A lot of people have bought flat panel TVs and they want content to go on it and PlayStation 3 is one of the few places they can get that kind of experience."

Mr Maguire said the TV giveaway in the UK was a reward for gamers' patience.
Now that's a deal. ?425 wouldn't even net you the HDTV alone, wish i'd camped out now, invested in it, then eBayed the lot :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That I'd go for, but otherwise forget it. And aren't they losing enough money on each console already?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe, i have the KDL40w2500 with my ps3 :p

and i didn't pay for either of them ;)

PERKS OF THE ****ING JOB I TELL THEE!!!

Best answers
Yes.

Sony deserve criticism for giving things away :S , how dare they, the desperate bastards..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea, stupid thing is, they didn't say "buy one and get a free tv", they said "oh you just bought one? have a free tv" bit of a difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom