Fraps

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just curious- Is there anyway you reduce the file size that fraps makes? I have it set to 25 fps and no sound, and still the file sizes are huge. 5-10 seconds is almost 200 mb. Or is there a better recording program out there?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didnt you read the readme ^^

You have to use programs that resave the files. (Like the DivX encoder, or in worst case you can also use Windows movie maker)

Thats in the readme you get when downloading the demo program from the main site ;)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I read the readme and i read the support part at the fraps site, but the problem is that it makes it so low quality that you can't see anything very well. (plus I've had fraps for like 5 months now, and i deleted the installer long ago) but still. Everything I use makes the quality terrible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not ESF related therefore moved to Off-Topic

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most likely if the quality is bad your are probably selecting the wrong settings for when you re-encode the movie.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Feel free to save it at 30fps with audio - just import the file (all 200+ mb of it) into Windows Movie Maker, put it together and export it as a .wmv - you can get it down to like 20-30% of the original size.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Window's movie maker won't take it. Says it's corrupt or something. Which no matter how many movies i make with it it won't work. Same with Divx converter. I can get a 2 gig file down to 30 mb, but the problem is the quality is **** and the screen is small. And I can't change how good I want the quality to be or anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I do is (most of the time) record @ 30FPS w/ Sound, then just toss it up in WINDOWS MEDIA ENCODER and change the dimensions to about...640x480 (800x600 at the MOST) then convert it. Works like a charm.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i recorded full screen with 30 FPS. Than used Windows Movie Maker and i got a 1/2 minute movie down to round 3 Mb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom