Fraps-nah.Any other similar programs?

Best answers
I make game records only with fraps but this time i download it and when i try to make video> BOOM game stops(not almost.EX: my lag is 100 ingame.BUT when i turn on fraps with F9 key my lag become 1000.)
Do you know any other similar programs?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gamecam. Never used it, but I heard it sucks. I'd only use it if you have absolutely nothing else that you can use.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's likely that your pc can't handle recording videos from games. In most games my fps drop to barely above 30 while recording.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gamecam, Camtasia.

Regardless, none of the recorders get on the same quality as Fraps.
Gamecam is pretty ok, but it's all messed up with interface imo.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, and also try lowering your resolution. It's also likely that you're trying to record at a high resolution (1024x768 or higher) and it's too much for your system to handle. Lower it to 800x600 or 640x480 (or whatever the appropriate widescreen resolution would be if you have a widescreen monitor) and then try it again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd recomend you to try before changing the recorder:

Half the screen size.
Also, put in the Fps 25. After that, disable the sound completely.
Then, go to the game, put to 640x480.

Best answers
It was all fine with Fraps i dont know what is going on.But anyway i delete it becouse it sucks.30 second per recording and and video of 1 minute its 100MB(and do not tell me if its impossible or not BEACOUSE IT IS 100 MB!!!!)
I downloaded GameCam and it little suck but it 100% better then Fraps.I will try to add few more games with Profile Manager after i fix Nvidia.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was all fine with Fraps i dont know what is going on.But anyway i delete it becouse it sucks.30 second per recording and and video of 1 minute its 100MB(and do not tell me if its impossible or not BEACOUSE IT IS 100 MB!!!!)
I downloaded GameCam and it little suck but it 100% better then Fraps.I will try to add few more games with Profile Manager after i fix Nvidia.
The filesize is so big because there isn't enough time to compress the video.
You need a programm to compress the raw video.
And if you have to fix something with "Nvidia" it surely is also the problem why fraps sucks for you.

Best answers
"just little problems with Nvidia.nothing hard."
anyway I will work with GameCam.It doesnt suck,its small,easy to use.:talk: o_O
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
oops i change my mind.I wont use GameCam becouse i cant.ITs only for few games of all that i have.lets say if i have 15 games i can use GameCam only for 5.BAHHHHH d.A.m.N it

P.S: HELP! any other programs? And to dont be big files.Oh and also when i installed GameCam i installed something else.I dont remember what but its 1GB and i cant find it to unistall.Any help?
Oh and few games that i tried to add them like profile in ProfileManager now dont work.They are Grand THief auto and Multi Thief auto.also Gunz and 1-2 more. o_O HEEEELPPPP!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
30 second per recording and and video of 1 minute its 100MB(and do not tell me if its impossible or not BEACOUSE IT IS 100 MB!!!!)
Buy the software to get rid of the 30 second recording limit, and learn to encode to reduce the size of the video. Two very simple things. Just sounds to me like you're kinda new to this...

Best answers
Few games that i tried to add them like profile in ProfileManager now dont work.They are Grand THief auto and Multi Thief auto.also Gunz and 1-2 more. o_O HEEEELPPPP!
Any help for that.I made mistake for installing GameCam.And i wont buy fraps.And can i make the lag smaller with fraps somehow?

Best answers
Few games that i tried to add them like profiles in ProfileManager in GameCam now dont work.I lounch them and nothing pops up.
HERE what i mean

Download the picture becouse i zip it to be smaller.

Help :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why didn't you just upload it to imageshack or such?
Like anybody would download a picture from rapidshare.

And the second thing; PLEASE STOP posting these help threads here.
Ask from the places like frap's forums or something, we do not know the reasons why nothing works on your computer.

Best answers
And the second thing; PLEASE STOP posting these help threads here.Ask from the places like frap's forums or something, we do not know the reasons why nothing works on your computer.
They have forums?lol i have to wait 1 year for answer.I ask here becouse someone used GameCam.Maybe someone can help me.I have real problem.
1. ;( ;( Gamecam need something to work(start with Windows ........i dont know what is it and its 1GB in my drive.
2. I try to add GTA into GameCam with ProfileManager and now it doesnt work. D.A.M.N O_O :devsmile: :cry: :cry: :cry:

P.S. I will keep using Fraps.I register and i will try to record now.Do you know if i can make the recods to be smaller size?This is annoying.1 record 100MB.I made 10 records.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They have forums?lol i have to wait 1 year for answer.I ask here becouse someone used GameCam.Maybe someone can help me.I have real problem.
1. ;( ;( Gamecam need something to work(start with Windows ........i dont know what is it and its 1GB in my drive.
2. I try to add GTA into GameCam with ProfileManager and now it doesnt work. D.A.M.N O_O :devsmile: :cry: :cry: :cry:

P.S. I will keep using Fraps.I register and i will try to record now.Do you know if i can make the recods to be smaller size?This is annoying.1 record 100MB.I made 10 records.
How about reading the friggin' FAQ on frap's site? (hint: the question is "Why is the AVI movie generated by Fraps so big?").
And you told us you won't buy fraps, but now you're registering it?

Best answers
And you told us you won't buy fraps, but now you're registering it?
hhhmmmmmm...YEP;D
But you help me in this thread.A lot. ;)

I think i will make my best GAME video this time.I have few of World Of warcraft.Now i will made mix of Gunz and Rakion.I think it will be best.what do you think: song from 80s > Rockwell-Somebody's Watching me (lol) or something else like Linkin Park or Godsmack - I stand alone ?

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used GameCam before, it's pretty good if you actually buy it.
Unfortunately it doesn't support widescreen while recording.
My FPS hardly dropped at all on my old system, and the quality wasn't bad either if you chose it to be.

But again, no widescreen support, but small file sizes and quality recordings.
FRAPs really kills my FPS whilst recording, troublesome. Oh, and huge RAW filesizes as most of you know.

I have Camtasia as well, haven't tried recording ingame though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom