Best answers
whenever I try to export my model, it says "Found vertex with invalid bone assignment". All the vertexes are assigned to bones.. so can anyone help me out here?

Best answers
guess what, if it says that, then all of your vertexes arent assigned to bones!!! have u tried going into the joints menu in milkshape and clicking the button that says "selunassigned" that will select all the unassigned vertices on your model, and next time, try to use the search tool, i just tried myself but for some odd reason my old thread didnt show up....

Best answers
well if it says wrong verex assignment then maybe one vertex isn't assigned toa bone. check it again.

i had a firend who had a problem with compiling, he said the bitmaps are 8bit. i told him to check and he still said they are 8bit. then after few tries he discovered that one of them isn't.

so go check your vertexes.

Best answers
I've checked my vertexes many times, they are all assigned. Could it be because I tried to import a skeleton?

Best answers
i don't know how u check your vertexes. but try this:
do the "select assigned" thing for every bone and hide selection.
this u can make sure not even a single vertex is left un-assigned.

to be honest i don't know much about why this error "Found vertex with invalid bone assignment" would occur. but oh well.
:tired:

Best answers
Does each of the joints have to have something assigned to it?

**EDIT** Got the model to export, but now some of the stuff is deformed. One of the hands is twisted around backwards, and the legs point the wrong direction, how can I fix this?

Best answers
well thats because the vertices are assigned to the wrong joints, check each joint and make sure that the vertices are assigned to a joint that is nearby, and to a joint that makes sense (ex:if the vertices are in the models head...assign to head, duh) and then the deformations should be no more....usually takes a few tries to get them pegged, but better late than never

Best answers
Originally posted by HELLSPAWN
some of the stuff is deformed. One of the hands is twisted around backwards, and the legs point the wrong direction
um, where does this happen? in half life? or in milkshape?

if it happenes in half-life then let me ask you:
did u compile the model with the default hl animations?
if yes, then did u use the same skeleton that hl uses?

also if u could post a pic that would be good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A. any vertex can be assigned to any joint
B. check the joints menu.. There should only be 1 joint named as it is. (while importing skeletons you got doubles=wrong)
C. to check for missing ones...

select the anim menu... move.... move the ENTIRE model upwards.. the missing one will stay put.. move by joints.

D.. you kinda like assigned one to a unknown joints (deleted)

Thats all I can think of now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rename it to txt and retry.

Most hosts forget to block txt linking, whihc will show the pic fine btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom