Forum Suggestions :: Got a Wish List?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggested this to sky before and I think their discussing it, but I'd like to see a tips / strategy subforum to the esf section. I think it'd help some new players out and maybe even the pros would learn a few new things.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think for now we'd use a sticky.

@Sky: NOW you're deciding to do this? :eek:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really think a subforum would be better. With a subforum you can have different topics to discuss different moves / strategies. Things would get lost in a sticky.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We aren't ready for a sub forum like that. It won't be as active.

If the community sparks up and if a decent amount of people want to post their own tips / guides we'll look into it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wouldn't be the most active section in the world, but I think having it as a section would significantly increase the amount of people posting there. I honestly think less people are likely to post if it's just a sticky.

Besides, I'm picturing a place where eventually, different stragies are posted on how different people play (ie: a how to play offensive thread) and a place where most moves are posted there with a how to video on it. The community that plays the game may not be the most active in the world, but I think they'd all dig this. If I'm wrong, oh well, I know for a fact that I'll post there and Ren will post there and honestly, we've had inactive forums before, let alone subforums. The nice thing about subforums is that they don't clutter the main page.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We aren't ready for a sub forum like that. It won't be as active.

If the community sparks up and if a decent amount of people want to post their own tips / guides we'll look into it.
Who cares? There's absolutely no harm in having it, and it'll be there for the people who do want or need to use it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I allso see no conflicts with having a subforum like that.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cares? There's absolutely no harm in having it, and it'll be there for the people who do want or need to use it.
Will it harm anything? No. Will it be useless at this moment? Yes.

It's very unfortunate to say, but the community is dying. Like I said in my last post, if enough people want to post their little tips and tricks, we'll create a sub section. The other mods and I decided that it isn't time for another sub forum, especially if it isn't going to get high activity. Most of us decided that we should just use a sticky. So far I believe Sub only said him and Ren would post their tips and tricks. That's great, sure, but that isn't going to be enough for the sub forum. If the community starts to spark after the 1.3 release and if the pros want to give their little tips and tricks, we will definitely create a sub forum. It will definitely be useful because of the new melee in 1.3.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damera, you're the PR guy, you of all people should want to try out something that would help out the community. No one is going to post there if it's a sticky. But whatever I guess.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already have a few things planned.

Why do you think that people won't post in the sticky?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure you do. What exactly are those plans?

I don't think people will post there because it's a perception problem. If people see that there's a big nice place made just for them to go post, theres a good chance that they'll spend a little of their time and actually post. If it's just relegated to a sticky, no one will think anything of it. No one even reads the stickys.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If people cared about the stickies, we wouldn't have help threads that inevitably end with people saying, "GET STEAM NOOB!"

A sticky would be useless, Damaera, not a subforum.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Understand that I don't want this for me. I know how to play the game. I want this to help other people learn how to play the game. You've said it yourself, it wouldn't harm anything. There are two outcomes for this: Either it's useful or it's not. Why are you so dead set on not even trying if you know it can't possibly harm anything? Like I said, you're the PR guy, you of all people should be for this. We added an entire forum section on the front page that was essentially useless, it was just a link to the MODDB page. I don't see how adding this is any different, except this wouldn't even take any front page space.

The forum may be dying, but the community that plays the game is still strong. We just got 32 people to get together on the same day to play a game that has been dying for the past 5 years. ESF will always be dying, that's no excuse to not even try to keep it strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom