FORUM COMPETITION V

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[align=center]Welcome to
Earth's Special Forces
Forum Competition V (Five)
[/align]

Are you a frequent visitor of the ESF forums? Do you want access to THE ultimate headquarters of ESF information and want to see exclusive ESF news and media in advance? Well these competitions are here to give you free access to the Force Pit aka Phil's home.

Our forum regulars should remember the previous four forum competitions that were held some time ago.
- Competition I (Fight-Club) went to SaiyanPrideXIX
- Competition II (Banner-art) went to SuperSaiyanChris
- Competition III (Animated storytelling) went to Chakra-X
- Competition IV (Mapping) went to DragonDude

Some good news for those of you with no specific skills to speak of. This forum competition will be a live trivia event on IRC. How will that work you may ask? It's quite simple.

First, the basics :
Everyone who wishes to participate will need a copy of an IRC client, preferably mIRC. If you need a walkthrough of how to do this, please look here. After you have your IRC client up and running, you will need to join the channel #ESF-FComp on the gamesurge network. If you are unsure of how to do that, use this link to take you there automatically.

How to play the game :
Once you are in the channel on the designated date, you may notice you cannot speak directly in the channel. This is so the trivia questions are not flooded out by the responses. Participants will double click my name in the channel and PM me their answer to the current question. Players will have up to five seconds to PM me their answer for each question after the final choice has been presented. Also note that your name MUST match your forum username exactly. Do not use an alias, I do not want to waste time figuring out who people are. So yes, this means you must also be registered on our forums to participate.

What type of questions will be asked :
To start off, questions relating mostly to the forums and the ESF Team will be asked. During the next session we will shift to DBZ related questions. The third and final session will be general trivia. Beware, the general trivia will be quite difficult.

Here are some sample questions to help you understand what you'll be up against. Highlight below the question for the correct answer.

ESF/Forum:
Who are the winners of the previous forum competitions, in the correct order?
A) SuperSaiyanChris, Chakra-X, Dragondude, SaiyanPrideXIX
B) Chakra-X, Dragondude, SaiyanPrideXIX, SuperSaiyanChris
C) SailorAlea, imkonkong, Ness, CS_Land
D) SaiyanPrideXIX, SuperSaiyanChris, Chakra-X, Dragondude
E) There were no previous forum competitions

D) SaiyanPrideXIX, SuperSaiyanChris, Chakra-X, Dragondude

DBZ:
The sword Gohan pulled out is called?
A) X-Sword
B) Z-Sword
C) C-Sword
D) Excalibur
E) Tetsuiga

B) Z-Sword

General:
The scientific name given to our species is:
A) Homo ergaster
B) Homo erectus
C) Australopithecus afarensis
D) Homo sapiens
E) Homo terrestrus

D) Homo sapiens

How will this be judged :
The more questions you get right the more likely you will be win. I cannot simply say, "If you get X amount right or wrong you pass or fail." The worst scores will be disqualified, and the best will move on. To make it easier for me to tally the answers, please format your answer at least somewhat like this : Q1-C. That tells me, question 1 choice C.

I will go over the rules in the channel once again during each of the sessions.

When?!!?:
Session 1: January 13th, 2006 @ 2:00 PM (EST) & 9:00 PM (EST)
Session 2: January 14th, 2006 @ 2:00 PM (EST)
Session 3: January 15th, 2006 @ 2:00 PM (EST)

If you honestly cannot possibly make it to one of these times, PM me and we will see if we can work something out. Please do not bother PMing me if you simply do not want to come at those times. I don't care about your hot date or your clan match for title of uber leetest clan evar.

Prizes :
- Force Pit access / 1.3 early
- Your name will go up on the main page.

If the winner already has access to the Force Pit, they will then instead recieve 1.3 before anyone else. That means before the public, and even before the Force Pit folks get it! That's quite an incentive to pay into the Force Pit if you ask me.

Beta-testers, and moderators are welcome to participate. However, beta-testers will not be eligable to win for obvious reasons.

After each session, I will post the questions and answers in this thread. Anyone found to be cheating will be disqualified.

I hope to see many of you on IRC soon!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A test of wit! Jolly good show Pain :yes:

So now people need intelligence to join the Force Pit....Bout time =P

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, too bad i'll be on holidays though. Overlord is now my representative.

If he does not agree, ask his wife sean_ to slap him. This means quite a lot to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I R G0nn4 PWN JOo00 All! 1!11

edit: holy hell, 1.3 early? ****, now i want to win, lmao.

double edit: afyter doing some investigating, i cant make session 1, for im still in school at that time :(.

i'll pm ya.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah yes, I forgot that a majority of our forum is still young and have normal school hours.

I will arrange a second session 1 at a later time for those of you unable to make the first. However, sessions 2 and 3 are on the weekends, no secondary session should be required.

/me edits main post.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:
Damn, too bad i'll be on holidays though. Overlord is now my representative.

If he does not agree, ask his wife sean_ to slap him. This means quite a lot to me.
You got that right :D. However I got figure out the time difference, I don't want to be playying triva at 4am in the morning if it coems to that, I'd be so tired and faint to sleep :*(. /Head bangs keyboard, 999999999999999999999999999.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Weeee, since it's just random knowledge I guess i'll give it a shot. Well, only if you can make an alternate time for session 2, cuz I'll be working then. Guess i'll have to throw you a PM.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now what about the people that just search Google for the answers...?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
5 seconds Chakra-X. You think they can Google, get back to IRC, PM Pain and type A,B,C,or D?

Except when you're Kurt`.

Best answers
I suppose I'll give it a shot... granted I remember it.

Best answers
ill enter should be around 7-8pm in england time soo all good =D

Best answers
to bad i can't participate ... but i can wait for esf 1.3 .... don't need force pit or stuff ... anyway thank god for this competition .... more can have acces to it .... :) .... anyway good luck all those who enter ....

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I have no idea when itll be on in my time zone. Ill just stay on irc the whole damn time for the next 3 days and wait it out.

*edit* Damn, its only from the 13th. I almost wasted 3 days just sitting here.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can someone translate those times to GMT ^^ im a bit lost.

Anyhow count on me to be there ^^

Also QUESTION: What if people (like me) get 1 of those lag timeouts (rejoin the server befor the other half left), will the person be able to continue ir is it a disqualification?

Best answers
hm, those questions seems easy.. wouldn't be that easy in the real **** i guess.
if i figure the time stuff, i'll give this a go.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Session 1: January 13th, 2006 @ 7:00 PM (GMT) & 3:00 AM (GMT)
(Witch would mean the 2nd session starts on the 14th, GMT time)
Session 2: January 14th, 2006 @ 7:00 PM (GMT)
Session 3: January 15th, 2006 @ 7:00 PM (GMT)

I think its something like that... Just double check.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Also QUESTION: What if people (like me) get 1 of those lag timeouts (rejoin the server befor the other half left), will the person be able to continue ir is it a disqualification?
Special circumstances such as that will be given some leeway. However, I will be able to tell if you lagout or simply quit, so don't try pulling any tricks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EST as in New York'en times, I'm guessing?

If thats the case, then It's going to be 11 AM on weekends, and 6:00 Pm on normal.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Special circumstances such as that will be given some leeway. However, I will be able to tell if you lagout or simply quit, so don't try pulling any tricks.
I knew i got the question wrong ^^

Pain you know me on IRC. Sometimes i just quit and come beck seconds later with the second nick. While the first nick is still there. I had a timer for that but i lost it ;_;

Got to ask proz again ^^

In any case count me in ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh i wont be joining, seems like to much trouble to get an irc thingy

but good luck to you guys that do

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom