FORUM COMPETITION IV

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh i dont rele care if i win or not. >_< may the best maps win! anyways been too busy with another mod.. doing a lot of stuff there, in my sig, still not up yet

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
Both of them made nice maps, I'd have a hard time picking a winner myself.
No... I mean Dragon Dude can release both of his maps if he's alllowed to.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i personally think dd's maps look good and clean >_< but to be put into 1.3 considering all the maps cold, dj, and zero have been putting out (hfil, king yamas, guru, roshi house, otherworld, city, kai planet, namek, babidi, and the good ol cell games, etc), not sure if it'll be one of the most played maps.. not saying anything bad, just stating the fact so many other maps have been made, and the maps we both made are similar to other maps cold, dj and zero have made, they're more like generic versions of maps that are already in the game.. well, maybe the volcano for those who want insta kills throws inside the lava, or my roshi map that has a little tunnel >_< but truthfully i dont really think any of our maps will make 1.3, unless there are a lot of changes and different textures and call my map something else, or make dragondudes volcano map namek explosion and add water with a few namek houses

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well guys, I know I said I'd announce it next week, but I hate to keep you guys waiting.

It was tough to decide between the great maps we had (all five of them XD), but we felt only one really stood out among the rest, and had a good fit with the rest of the default ESF maps. The winner of the competition is DragonDude, with his map ESF_Encounter. Congratulations DragonDude!

Check the current POTW to see the map in all its glory!

As for his map being included with 1.3, we are still reviewing whether or not the map is up to par with the new 1.3 maps. Still more to come on that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
;_;

I'm... so... happeh!

I'd just like to thank all the little people... wait, I already did that in the map MOTD. So, I just have one word to say. Woot!
Seriously though, I give big thanks to the ESF team and forums for making this competition, one I could compete in. =)

I actually thought that if I'd have won, it would've been with esf_volcano, not with the map I turned in 6 hours before the competition officially ended. XD

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope all those other maps get released never the less on esf-world or something else. All of them look so good. I look forward to playying on encounter.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I agree, these maps look like a blast to play on

Best answers
DragonDude said:
]V[Goten, did you get your map to compile correctly? I tried helping you in your thread. If you want to get your map in, you've gotta hurry. D;
Thank you very much DragonDude. I managed to finish it at about 12:00 PM (my time--about 1:00 AM your time) :p
I compiled it..it had no with no lag anymore :laff: but the max viewable distance still was(and IS) bad... but it was 2 late anyway :]
Great map DD, i wouldn't stand a chance anyway :shocked:
I hope the next competition will take place soon and maybe i'll win this time :laff:
...or not :]

Best answers
as i've saw the potw on the esf-mainpage, i thought it's a simple map, which looks boring and uninteresting.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[V41-cF]|JaKe said:
as i've saw the potw on the esf-mainpage, i thought it's a simple map, which looks boring and uninteresting.
Have you seen the skill used in creating this map compared to a lot of other maps out there? I think not. It reminds me of when I first saw pics of 1.2 maps and how much better all the new maps looked compared to the previous release.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it sorta is a bit simple, just random terrain >_< a lot of maps were like that, thus a big map with a lot of underwater fighting was the thing i went for.. but anyways congrats on teh winzors!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well folks, we've finally come to a decision.

A slightly updated version of DragonDude's map ESF_Encounter, will be included with the release of ESFv1.3.

Congratulations once again DragonDude!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, that makes my day. =)

I never thought I'd see work of my own included in ESF. Thanks to the administration for holding this competition (may the next be bigger, though), and thanks to everyone who offered criticism.

Thankee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom