FORUM COMPETITION III

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[align=center]Welcome to
Earth's Special Forces
Forum Competition III (THREE)[/align]

Are you a frequent visitor of the ESF forums? Do you want access to THE ultimate headquarters of ESF information and want to see exclusive ESF news and media in advance? Well these competitions are here to give you free access to the Force Pit aka Phil's home.

The forum regulars should remember the previous two forum copetitions that were held on these forums last year. The first competition involved usage of the Fight Club system, and the winner SaiyanPrideXIX won free access to the force pit. The second competition involved the 2D still image skills and the winner SuperSaiyanChris won free access to the force pit for making the best forum banner (which is currently being used on our forum). Now it is time for our third forum competition... so what is it about?

You see, there is an individual on our team called Baby Joe (BBjoe for short, I'm sure everyone has heard of him!) and he is unable to sleep at night :(. Why? It's because we are running out of bedtime stories for BBjoe! This is very bad, we need more stories! And what's better than an audio-visual ESF story? Yes, BBjoe was so excited with this idea that we had to change his nappies! So here's how we're going to run this show:

You need to create a moving visual representation of a story you made up, using ingame ESF screenshots or renders. The first step will be to think up of an originial storyline which should involve either Dragonball Z characters or ESF team members. The next stage would be to convert this story into a movie or animation of some sort. This can be:
- A flash animation (preferred)
- A GIF animation (max 640x480 resolution)
- A powerpoint slideshow

We know that there are tons of animation related programs and technologies available on the internet, but we have to consider that the fact that a majority of the community is not familiar with such applications and file types. You may NOT submit a proper video file (AVI, MPEG) because of the immense amount of bandwidth such big files would use up, we don't want you paying bills for a free competition do we? While judging, we will award points for:

- Just the correct length (not too long or too short a story)
- Visual content and editing
- Audio content and editing (does not apply if you submit a GIF)
- The storyline itself
- Humour

So what are you waiting for, get working and start posting! Please do not post direct image ([.IMG]) tags for your entries, link them instead as many people on these forums are on a dial-up connection. And as always, the author of the winning entry will receive free access to the force pit! If the winning author already has access there, the runner up will get free access instead. Oh, and lastly - fans have till the 06th of June to post entries. Best of luck!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, how many of you are applying? ^_^

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Use http://www.imageshack.us/ for hosting GIF's and flash SWF's. Anyone know good free sites which allow hotlinking, where people can host powerpoint files?

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.yousendit.com

Allthough that host doesn't hold your files forever though,

http://rapidshare.de

This one does, these host s can take every file, but you need to download the file you hosted like a normal file, its not like hosting a picture though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
read the part under my sig for uploads.

5 megabyte per file max tho, to prevent people from uploading whole damn games.. i might make it 10 meg max later.

Best answers
Sweet, I wanna try out for this. But I can't think of a good story XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...hmmm....I may do this. I have AMV experience so I know how to put things together well...but this is a completely different thing. And May 30th is the deadline, hmm?

Well I have a question. Do we have to use original models and sprites or can we use anything as long as its ESF related?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate these things now. They're all outside of my skills!!!!

I have no real recognition...and no respect, and I can't earn it either.

/me goes and plots

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gr00vy said:
SaiyanPrideXIX and SailorAlea won free access to the force pit.
I thought Alea as well as Kurt and Arthos dropped out of the 4-way tournament, leaving Pride and Pride alone as the victor/recipent of Force Pit goodies? (just read the thread).

I might give this a go with powerpoint, or Flash if I can get a hold of a trial in time.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I thought Alea as well as Kurt and Arthos dropped out of the 4-way tournament, leaving Pride and Pride alone as the victor/recipent of Force Pit goodies? (just read the thread).

I might give this a go with powerpoint, or Flash if I can get a hold of a trial in time.
You're right o_O, I was under the impression it was a draw D:. 'Twas many many months ago, please excuse my memory ^_^.

Logan289 said:
Well I have a question. Do we have to use original models and sprites or can we use anything as long as its ESF related?
You can use custom skins/models/whatever, as long as they are ESF/DBZ related.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One last question. Is it supposed to be all still-screens or can we add some demo-footage for some action or events?

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:
One last question. Is it supposed to be all still-screens or can we add some demo-footage for some action or events?
Either is good, you can add demo footage as long as the final product remains a flash file and it isn't as big as a video file.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grOOvy said:
Either is good, you can add demo footage as long as the final product remains a flash file and it isn't as big as a video file.
Ok good. because I saw Chakra's flash tutorial and he had some demo in there. I figured if I keep them short clips with still-images to tell the story, I can get something really nice going. I'm shooting for about 6-10 MB.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grOOvy said:
- A flash animation (preferred)
- A GIF animation (max 640x480 resolution)
heh heh...Nice :]

But, can it be drawn? or MUST it be screenshots?

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
heh heh...Nice :]

But, can it be drawn? or MUST it be screenshots?
Must be ingame or rendered content, BBjoe won't fall asleep looking at drawings. :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O_O

so...much...screenshots needed...Hopefully i can think of something for this conveint oppurtunity. Perhaps the 4rth one will be a cartoon contest based on esf :(.

You win this one BBjoe, you win this one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already have an idea in mind. Music too (badass music at that. no singing though. just BGM). The hard part is getting all the screenshots the way I want...and getting bots where I want them. GAH! This is gonna be tough...and I have 2 weeks to do it.

So I'll know JUST what to work with...how long do you consider "just right?"

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To clarify, the final match was between Pride and myself, as I recall! I had too many things to do with school, plus I'd had no experience in Fight Club, so I withdrew. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had life troubles as well that prevented me from finishing.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok , why not ,i will enter , i got somethnig up my sleeve anyway , and iv'e got a night to think about a story idea , heck , hope it's good , what ever i come up with , it won't be a "good high professional job" but maybe i can think of something to do it with , no ones minds powerpoint and screenies ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom