Forum Changes? Part II

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Oke, as I promised. All plugins that have been mostly made by the plugin will be shown within this thread. I'll also take all the suggestions you guys make and consider them to improve our forums. This way, it'll be enjoyable for everyone to be around this forum. I also take theme requests for the forums, as well as plugins (for vbulletin 3.7) and other suggestions and comments. But do please remember I'll be taking them all in consideration. Now, lets start shall we?

-= Currently Installed Plugins!
- Activity Modification - (shows the activity, longivity, etc)
- Ban Thread User (Mods, Supers & Admins can thread ban people)
- Banner Rotator - (A plugin to rotate banners if you have multiple installed, meant for the black theme)
- Advanced Forum Rules - (This is the plugin that is being used for the new AUP rules)
- Registration Form AJAX - (The new registration form which uses AJAX enhancements)
- Full Quick Reply - (quick reply enhancements)
- IbProArcade - (the arcade system)
- Image Resizer - (resizes the big images that users post within threads)
- chatbox Evo - (The chat box we are using at the bottom of the forums)
- Separate Sticky and Normal Threads - (The name says it al)
- SmnLikQuick - (The new Announcement system at the top of the forums "Below the navbar")
- Time Greeting - (Good Evening, FF|Skyrider) <- Top right.
- Usergroup Color Bar - (Name says it all)
- vBCredits - (The credit System)
- Meet Our Staff - ( http://forum.esforces.com/staff.php , not being used at the moment)
- Sticky Thread Mark-Up - (Able to change the stickied threads in to any color at wish)

Green = Activated
Red = Currently Disabled

-= Requested Plugins!
- None yet

If you have any plugin requests, link it/them within this thread and I'll see if it can be arranged. For all Vbulletin 3.7 plugins, you can find them on this forum. When you are at the link, you should be able to see "all prefixes". Click that to select specific plugin groups in order to find yours better. I want to let you all know that this doesn't mean I'm a plugin freak or all these "useless" plugins being added as some of you may think. Some of the plugins can be very useful and can even help the forum out to improve it and make it more enjoyable.

Now, use this thread for all the special requests you have. All the comments, complaints, and so on. I want this forum to become better, friendlier and enjoyable for everyone.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said in your last thread, the Arcade system should be removed. I'm not sure if anybody even uses it.

I'm not sure who said it, but it's hard to tell if there's a new reply in a sticky. Maybe the color of the sticky should change when there's a new reply.

Edit: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=184717 - Perhaps this will have all the guests register?

Edit 2: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=165483 - This seems really useful.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=172155 - This will be really useful, too.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get rid of the Arcade system, get rid of the credit system, we are not a role playing game forum.

@ Dameara: How about guest that just want to find a quick solution to a problem, do you really want to force them to register, then never come in again? It won't increase activity, it will only force useless registers and might actually work negatively. I myself tend to hate forums where I am forced to register.

The proxy one might be okay for someone that tries to avoid bans. And the Force users to read a thread could be usefull as long that it is not spammed by the admins so we have a new thread we need to read every day.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why on earth would you want to force all guests to register? Doing that will help kill the forum.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It could go either way. People who register are more likely to post (because they can't otherwise), however some people might not like to register so they might just leave. Who knows?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Why on earth would you want to force all guests to register? Doing that will help kill the forum.
I do have to agree with Sub. All guest should be able to browse the entire forums at wish without any kind of restrictions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

This is the only one I have a problem with. Is this the one that made the stickies bold + green? I don't mind they're green, but can you unbold them so I know when someone has posted in that sticky?

otherwise I like everything.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers

This is the only one I have a problem with. Is this the one that made the stickies bold + green? I don't mind they're green, but can you unbold them so I know when someone has posted in that sticky?

otherwise I like everything.
No, That's
- Sticky Thread Mark-Up - (Able to change the stickied threads in to any color at wish)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the forum is fine, and I will still live whether the plug-ins are present or not.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gief oldskool red+grey theme!

My only desire.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
@ Majin_You's last post in the other thread that was closed.

Here's something I don't understand. Let's say I call you a Jerk for I don't know whatever reason. I doubt I ever would, but for funzies let's pretend.

What would you do? Warn me in plain sight correct?

Why don't you do that to Moderators or Admins when they do things wrong. It doesn't sound fair that I have to be humiliated for being a **** when mods have it in a private discussion. Either make it public for everyone or make it private for everyone. I'd much rather you send me a PM saying "You are being warned for this [insert quotes here] and [link to thread here]. Just a thought, not necessary though.

Second: I love you, thanks for changing my name, even if only for a little while ^_^ <3.

Third: For plug ins I do like the announcement thing you have at the top. And I haven't checked out the arcade thing yet, but if they're games, and are some fun ones, **** i don't mind that at all. Gives me something to do :p

I still find some of the plugins we currently have pointless. But I'm only one person. And I did some thinking on it, and I guess I shouldn't let them bother me that much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sticky Thread Mark-Up

Please remove, stickies are visible enough with the division, and the green+bold looks ugly.

If credits have no use, remove. Arcade could be removed,too. Don't care.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Majin_You's last post in the other thread that was closed.

Here's something I don't understand. Let's say I call you a Jerk for I don't know whatever reason. I doubt I ever would, but for funzies let's pretend.

What would you do? Warn me in plain sight correct?

Why don't you do that to Moderators or Admins when they do things wrong. It doesn't sound fair that I have to be humiliated for being a **** when mods have it in a private discussion. Either make it public for everyone or make it private for everyone. I'd much rather you send me a PM saying "You are being warned for this [insert quotes here] and [link to thread here]. Just a thought, not necessary though.
First off, I wouldn't warn you or anyone for calling me a jerk; you'd have to hit me a lot harder than that =P

Putting the smartassery on my part aside, I actually don't recall how we handled the last MCA (moderator corrective action), as that was quite some time ago. The logic behind giving users warnings in public was to provide a very real example of what we won't tolerate to all of the other uses reading the thread. For instance, suppose I caught Mr. X posting "Catholics are asshats" in a thread, and I warned him via PM. The thread continues, and Mr. Y enters and says "I agree with Mr. X; I've never met a Catholic that isn't an asshat", and I warn him via PM, as well. In times past, when I've tried this method, I'd get a response from Mr. Y along the lines of "Mr. X posted the same thing, and he didn't get a warning! WTF!", to which I'd reply "He did get a warning, via PM, just like you", and, in turn, would be treated to, "Well, I didn't think I was out of line because I didn't see him being told that he was out of line. This isn't fair!" (Please note that the flame I included is nothing more than an example, and does not reflect my opinion in any way).

As exaggerated as that situation sounds, I'm positive I've come across it in years past. The person getting the warning feels raw about getting it in public for a while, but other people, I thought, appreciated knowing where we draw the lines.

I suppose, in fairness, moderators and administrators should have their boundaries illustrated in a similar manner, but, as I said, I don't actually remember how we conducted that the last time, as it's been a very long time since we've had to discipline a moderator for stepping out of line. I'll do a little back-checking.

...and enjoy the name change... while it lasts :devil:

Force Pit Member
Best answers
First off, I wouldn't warn you or anyone for calling me a jerk; you'd have to hit me a lot harder than that =P

Putting the smartassery on my part aside, I actually don't recall how we handled the last MCA (moderator corrective action), as that was quite some time ago. The logic behind giving users warnings in public was to provide a very real example of what we won't tolerate to all of the other uses reading the thread. For instance, suppose I caught Mr. X posting "Catholics are asshats" in a thread, and I warned him via PM. The thread continues, and Mr. Y enters and says "I agree with Mr. X; I've never met a Catholic that isn't an asshat", and I warn him via PM, as well. In times past, when I've tried this method, I'd get a response from Mr. Y along the lines of "Mr. X posted the same thing, and he didn't get a warning! WTF!", to which I'd reply "He did get a warning, via PM, just like you", and, in turn, would be treated to, "Well, I didn't think I was out of line because I didn't see him being told that he was out of line. This isn't fair!" (Please note that the flame I included is nothing more than an example, and does not reflect my opinion in any way).

As exaggerated as that situation sounds, I'm positive I've come across it in years past. The person getting the warning feels raw about getting it in public for a while, but other people, I thought, appreciated knowing where we draw the lines.

I suppose, in fairness, moderators and administrators should have their boundaries illustrated in a similar manner, but, as I said, I don't actually remember how we conducted that the last time, as it's been a very long time since we've had to discipline a moderator for stepping out of line. I'll do a little back-checking.

...and enjoy the name change... while it lasts :devil:

Exactly my point. You're fueling the fire here. How do you think we mere members feel when we see a moderator do something out of line and he is diciplined in private. Sure he's punished, but it's in private. No one else knows about it. It sets a bad example because the user base feels they can do it too without being reprimanded. Then when a user DOES do it and get's publicly humiliated via warning - they wonder why they got into trouble and not the moderator. I'm not trying to change the current system. I just find it silly.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not trying to change the current system. I just find it silly.
To be fair, I don't really think calling moderator discipline a "system" really captures how ad hoc the process is; the last moderator we've had to really "deal" with got rather infuriated with being corrected in public, and started to spill discussions that should, legitimately, be in private sections into the off-topic section (ie: discussion of policy or of particularly delicate situations). As I said, we haven't really made a habit of disciplining the moderators/admins in private, while reserving public warnings for general members, as there aren't enough instances of moderator discipline to substantiate the formation of said habit.

If, however, you have a specific example to help illustrate your point, I would love to see it. For the time being, though, I'm afraid I can only think of the one example that ended up having to become a private matter due to rather exceptional circumstances.

Note that I also said that, in the interest of fairness, I'd watch out for future moderator infractions to be handled in a manner that reflects how we handle all of the other infractions.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now every sticky looks just like a thread with new posts. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are blue now? Try using the black skin and then try to read the title of a sticky. -.-

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Spoiler code has been added, simple use [spoiler]Your Text Here[/spoiler] to add your own spoiler box.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't click this:
Told you not to click this!
You had to click it, didn't you?
LAME!
Lulz, spoilurzzz! ZOMGWTFBBQ
Ok, you should really stop clicking this now!
You are getting annoying now...
GO TOUCH SOMEONE ELSE!
Can't touch this, tudududu dudu dudu
Have you got nothing else to do?
Got cookie?
This spoiler plugin is pretty awesome, Finally a good plugin Sky :p
Just joking...
No really, it was just a joke!
Ermm, sky...what are you doing with that knife?
Yeah.
This is...kind of lame, isn't it?
Maybe I should do something else...
I'm gonna fetch me some pie.
Or mango.
Maybe I should take both?
I'll take both. Yeah. Mango and pie.
I'm ready. /Jeremy Clarkson
POWAHH!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom