Forum Banner?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Anyone able to create a forum banner for both themes? (Including a black one). vBulletin just doesn't fit :). Sorry for the quick post, but I'm heading out.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just start a Forum Competition or something, make it more professional. It might just be me, but blatantly asking for someone to make a forum banner like this isn't really professional.. at all. :p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Just start a Forum Competition or something, make it more professional. It might just be me, but blatantly asking for someone to make a forum banner like this isn't really professional.. at all. :p
No point if a forum theme will be created later on. I just need something to replace it for now.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here.

Attachments

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Really should have mentioned the specifics ^_^. Maybe something around like the previous banner, something bigger. Not sure how big the last one was though. I believe I have a backup somewhere around.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whilst not horrible, the "ESF" is pretty choppy. It's also a little tall, Painkiller.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whilst not horrible, the "ESF" is pretty choppy. It's also a little tall, Painkiller.
Not horrible? What are you on, LSD? I'm sorry, but there are quite a couple of things wrong with that (and I am going to be somewhat harsh here):

- You cut about half of the entire logo and threw it away, where are the dragonballs and the swoosh? Also, the hard cut on the left side of the E looks really bad
- Your cutting skills, well, let's put it bluntly, completely sucks donkey balls.
- You did nothing special with the background.
- The banner would blend in really crappy at the top part of this forum.
- Most important: You took the very first image that popped up when entering "Gohan" in Google. Someone else made that fanart, so ESF is not allowed to use that image without the original author's consent, neither are you. It's called ripping.

Might I suggest to anyone willing to create a banner; use a .PNG file, and utilize the transparency of the PNG. Probably 95% of the forum goers use IE7 or higher, Firefox, Opera or any other new browser, so transparency of PNGs is supported. Saves you from crappy blending problems, and Sky will only have to use ONE image for every theme, so he would easily be able to add a new theme and use the same image. Thus, a forum competition might not really be a bad idea Sky, why not? The worst thing that could happen is that people might actually compete, we'd have some activity going on at the forums again, and someone gets access to the FP.

@ Sky: You really need to be a bit more precise about what you want exactly. Is there a maximum to the filesize? (if it needs to stay small, .PNG files might not be possible to use) What are the exact dimensions you want, "something a little bit bigger than last time" doesn't really work. How much is 'a little'? Ideally, you'd probably want a banner that would still fit on the forum and the screen at a resolution of 1024x768. Doesn't tell us much about height though.

Last but not least, does anyone have a render of the ESF logo? hleV's is a bit small.

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not horrible? What are you on, LSD? I'm sorry, but there are quite a couple of things wrong with that (and I am going to be somewhat harsh here):
I wouldn't consider it horrible, just with a lot of room for improvement. It could have been a poor quality screen-cap with ESF on it in Times New Roman.

Painkiller, Sicron may seem a little harsh but he's pretty much right. Remember, it's constructive criticism. I'm sure you'd be able to make something rather decent if you apply what he has said.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's actually people left on this forum who open Photoshop? :eek:

I am shocked. In a good way.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Like I mentioned, I was in a hurry ^^, sorry about that. I'll post the specifics once I found the originals.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's actually people left on this forum who open Photoshop? :eek:

I am shocked. In a good way.
I think there are plenty of people that still use Photoshop on a regular basis, but just can't be arsed to post anything these days because of the low activity. I still work a lot with Photoshop myself.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I highly doubt a little team work to create a whole new forum team can hurt :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom