Forget old metal, how bout my nu metal ppl :-P

Best answers
I like rock, metal ,black-metal alot.

Example's: 3 doors down, Drowining pool, Metallica, Children of Bodom, Papa Roach, Incubus, Rob Zombie, Guano Apes, Disturbed, Foo Fighters.

And a lot more but can't remeber them this instant....:]

Lid

L
it's good to see Disturbed got put in, and actually is coming equal first despite being behind :)

Best answers
omh how could I FORGET POISON THE WELL......to mandate heaven....nerdy.........12/23/93 (i think that name's rite...) good ****, GOOD ****. And limp bizkit was put in there to see just how many people arent aware that they are NOT metal, NOT ROCK, and definitely NOT good at making music :) "just drop dead" ????? that song lacks any RHYMING talent, forget the instruments. I could have listed tons of hardcore bands, but the music i listen to is shared by a smaller crowd (at least around my hometown it is) so i at least put some bands up there that some people could vote for, glad to see this thread is breathing. oh and lol @ epedemicz because IMHO rap lacks any depth or meaning and will always be "money,cash,hoes" crud. Listen to poison the well's "nerdy", it sounds so hardcore, but the lyrics are frickin beautiful. They kill 50cent 100%, through and through. And thats just one band. Why else do u think rappers hardly ever put their lyrics in that booklet of theirs on the cd case? because no one cares about rap lyrics, all they want is a "phat beat", however i find that rock not only has ingenious melodies, but also meaningful lyrics that can relate and not belittle or discriminate, but rather unite, like hardcore rock :) However; this is just my opinion, so you don't need to share it:p

Best answers
Rap is just people talking faster then normal and with a beat in the backround

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Acidjuh
haha u suck:)
Spam again and I shall smite you down with great vengence.

And I'm fairly confident that the poll is about nu metal, and not the definition of rap. Stay on topic :p

And why aren't you all voting for MuDvAyNe. They are obviously superior. :smile:

Best answers
it is on topic cause 2 bands up there are rap bands so hah ET your pwned :p

Best answers
I only listen to rap that has a good message and/or a fresh sound i.e. Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Run DMC, N.E.R.D, XZibit.... same goes for my metal tastes really. If it stands out from the crowd, and they're not going on about love or how hard it is to live with money, i'll like it :)

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here is my view on the matter.

I like some Nu-Metal, But not nearly as much as my other fav music catagories.

I voted Linkin Park, Disturbed, and Slipknot.

First, Linkin Park is nu-metal, some of you are going "There not really nu-metal". In reality they are very much nu-metal. They take alot of metal, electronic, and hip-hop aspects, and making them sorta one. Some people don't put them into nu-metal because alot of people hate nu-metal, but like LP. I can't force anyone to think this, but its my view and how I look at it.

Disturbed's second album isn't as much of nu-metal as "The sickness" was. Yes it is nu-metal still, but if you listen to "Believe" you'll notice a huge change in the sound of it compared to "the sickness". Still they are nu-metal and so is the second album I just thought I'd say that cause my friend is telling me too.

Slipknot, a nu-metal band that alot of anti-nu-metal fans like. I've noticed that my friends who are huge haters of nu-metal really like Slipknot, mostly for its death metal aspect.

Quote by XSilentlyX:
"it is on topic cause 2 bands up there are rap bands so hah ET your pwned"

Name two bands up there which are Rap. I see bands with rap influence [which is one reasdon why those particular bands are nu-metal], but there not rap.

Somthing I've noticed and soem others might have too, is that alot of Nu-Metal bands have 5 strings or above on there basses, its kinda funny, but if you look at all those bands I'd bet that 80% of them have a 5+ string bass and not a 4 string bass. Linkin Park is an exceptition, they switch back and forth.

Best answers
Disturbed all the way!!!!

Drowning deep im my see of loathing, broken your servant i am
Its seems whats left of my human side is slowly changing in me
looking at my own reflection when suddenly it changes, violently it changes
I know that there is no turning back now, youve opened up the demon in me!!!

get up come on get down with the sickness

You just know you gotta love them :p

Oh and linkin park are good too!

Best answers
omg evil_trunks your my ****ing hero /\/\|_||]\/4y/\/3 pwnz joo all!!!!!!!(spells mudvayne for illiterates) I worship them!!! vote mudvayne damn you!

*love the MuDvAyNe sig. :smile: * - ET

Best answers
i like mudvayne's old stuff...ya know "dig" as such but thier new stuff..(no offence Bryggz and E.T)...makes me pass out...but i like thier older stuff more...

also i like heavy metal(older) more than new..(NU for u kids) metal also i wonder why KoRn arent up there(i dont like them much..some songs=ok..but arent they New metal as well?)

i tend to like older metal and older rock...i.e KISS!!!!!(yay) more i like Joe satriani's old stuff and steve vai's old stuff

and now compltly away from metal i love NOFX and reel big fish :D

Best answers
Old System of a down and Killswitch Engage and Mudvayne and Hatebreed

Best answers
Originally posted by Evil_Trunks
Spam again and I shall smite you down with great vengence.

And I'm fairly confident that the poll is about nu metal, and not the definition of rap. Stay on topic :p

And why aren't you all voting for MuDvAyNe. They are obviously superior. :smile:
omfg it was just a joke:) anty is a friend of my so:)
but i will not spam a again :)

xxiez

Best answers
oh hellyea, killswitch engage, hamartia, ramallah, sworn enemy, system, the acacia strain, the red chord, biohazard, kloser than kin, most precious blood, what feeds the fire, im obsessed with music i could keep going on and on....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom