"for the ppl on the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL! Michael youre still living?
Dont forget you owe me money you *** boy.

and for the rest of you, Youre ******s =] [excluding sub ren and miro].

And especially for zeonix..
I might still have that 10-0 SS somewhere if you wanna rememeber =]
Yeah, that's why I said might have been the best when he was active. I was never sure who was better between you two.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
We lost interest in the game. Many of us have been playing since the Alpha days. We enjoyed our time in 1.0 and 1.1, we hated 1.2(which was released 5 years ago). 1.3 is non-existant. And we are waiting for the final release. You can't expect us to play a game for all eternity.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The only time we fought, you were losing, and so you decided to teleport inside of me. Exploits during a match? Definitely not unexpected when you're involved, but still pretty low.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
How was I losing, if it ended 10-0 ..

also, willing to re-do anytime you want nub =]

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
ESF dies as a game. Last stable release was in year 2005... (ESF 1.3 Open Beta is total sh*t)
What about you actually get a verisimilitudinous perspective of how the game has been running? 2005 was a very boring year compared to how 2007-2008 was.. obviously the year where people were really intrigued and obssessed with the game, and yes we can expect you to play the game for all eternity, because for some it's a passion and some people manage to stay all the years, and still loving the game,

I'm not the one to talk to be frank, I haven't been around for so long, and I probably wouldn't be capable of being there so many years either, but I agree with Miro on his statement, many of you forum active people... if you'd actually care for the game for real... you'd definitely hang out in ESF a bit more, not necessarily to play but you can chat, your lust to play will get there, and for the people that quit in 2005-2006 ... I'll welcome you to the real ESF skills... even though people are rusty and inferior and not close to their prime-level, their intensivity is superior and stands at a transcendant and very impressive level..

I get a rather unpalatable feeling thinking about such great game with such amazing and difficult gameplay can go to trash like that... I've attempted to intrigue so many newcomers, teaching them how to roll, and making them having a better experience the game by teaching them the difficult learning curve.. but they tend to quit in approximately a week after...

So +1 to Miro.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it so wrong to just wait for Final? :/

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Is it so wrong to just wait for Final? :/
You guys are having your mind way too much into the final, and you are forgetting why we are here and why we all love the game we have played.. pathetic...

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Okey well :p Shadi is right!

Also lets forget about the past, it doesnt matter anyway.
Zeonix, Unless you can stand behind your words, stop patronizing the noobs in this server. thats all.
And if you feel that you can stand behind your words, we can play anytime, and as many times as you like ..
I'm not even an ESF player anymore, and I doubt you can get 3 kills on me.
So ye, thats how it is.

Best answers
I think if everyone on this forums could taste what ESF is realy capable,
they would never stop!
and also can see that more then 300 people looked at my thread, but only 17 replyed it... thats a biggggg shame
guys! come out of the closet and dont be afraid,
just post what you realy feel ...
-----------------------------------------
Your Favorite EsfPro: Miro ;)

The Prodigy
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
for the people that quit in 2005-2006 ... I'll welcome you to the real ESF skills...
iirc, players back in 2005-2006 were better than whoever still plays now, or even last year.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
What about you actually get a verisimilitudinous perspective of how the game has been running? 2005 was a very boring year compared to how 2007-2008 was.. obviously the year where people were really intrigued and obssessed with the game, and yes we can expect you to play the game for all eternity, because for some it's a passion and some people manage to stay all the years, and still loving the game,

Compared to 2005 the years 2007 and 2008 were a dull boring lifeless experience. The game was no longer fun because people kept whining about 1 on 1s doubleteaming, arguing what exploits are legal and so on.

The most fun was still the months just after the release, where everything was legit from rollhittin, blocklaming and instahitting. It was frustrating, but it was hell lot more fun than what went on later.

Though the best times were still 1.0 and 1.1 for me, so 2003 and 2004

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember it took me a week to counter the blocklamers. Good times.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
2004 & 2005 were the best years for ESF for me. Heck, back then I even did some really ****ty hacked models and made some crappy sound-packs. I was really obsessed with the game. Ran my own server, too!

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
well advanced melee is the main thing that got me to wait for the final release...
also them overpowered beamjumpers -_-

advanced melee is just boring and it has the advantage over regular melee so that's one big of a mistake there imo...

esf 1.1 with eea back in the time were the funnest times there were ^^ for me atleast =p
i hope 1.3 doesn't have that advanced melee thing anymore cause its so friggin annoying when you playing against new players who
use advanced just to win a headon lol

and then theres them pro's who just smack me arround like a dog does to a cookie -.-

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
advanced melee is just boring and it has the advantage over regular melee so that's one big of a mistake there imo...
Advanced melee has a big disadvantage over regular melee. You sure you are playing the same game as i was. It deals less damage, starting it can potentially lead to you getting more damage than the guy you attacked AND you are forced to stay in one place.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
grega you might be a pro in esf i'm not =p
i can't do them angels very well tbh
so when i fight 1v1 headons are common and since the one using advanced melee always wins those they always do quite some dammage...

and you say they might receive more dammage then they try to deal isn't true either as they can't put in combos when you got a headon...
only when you get them offguard you can do that.

and i'm talking about regular melee vs holding-right-mouse-button melee aka advanced...

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Ren, if we bring Miro, Kai (Or the Ren I met once I began playing) You'd definitely be #1 in 2006 without the slightest doubt, I don't know why you can bring such statement... lol all this rustiness is getting into you pros mind, you keep on improving you do not become worse during the year, untill you started quitting for real like now, you keep telling yourself you are rusty, and you naturally start thinking that... just face the truth.. only time you Ren are truly rusty is now... I doubt Yuval and Miro are so good as they say they are..I think they are not very far from their prime now...
(No offense Miro and Yuval I just think all that past talking is bs ^^)
After 2008-2009 everybody started caring less, and peopel were crying about who's #1 and not..

@ Grega, I agree 2005-2006 must of been the most funny and chill years, when the game was all new and you had to experience everything from start, I came in kind of late.. but still wasn't the most skilled years, I can imagine a world in ESF where no one cared about rules, would probably be a paradise.. and it's a shame I wasn't around, I really wish I was.. a lot of you team developers are crying over EU rules etc... and it's been like that for years and it's getting sooo tedious.. I fully agree to Gregas statement about how free the game might of been back then, just doesn't change the fact that people were noobs back then tbh!

Edit: People today just cry about who's best and not, Kai = funny example! ^^

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Back then i wasnt on the dev team. And im pretty much the only one whining about the 3 hit rule, because i played though the early days of 1.2

That freedom to do everything you want is waht got me hooked up with ESF, not some ****ty whos the best thing. Recently i played in some full servers and it was the most fun i had from the game in years. I didnt do any blocklame or stuff like that, buit doing 2 on 1s, getting hit with the same in a server that TRULY was FFA and not just a feast of multiple 1 on 1s. It was fun. The fun ended later when people joined who had nothing but that 1 on 1 mentality in their heads.

Its not fun to play against 1 guy all the time. Its fun to play in a server where everyone is out to get each other. All the randomness and chaos that appears from that is what made it fun. Sure its not competition, and thats some peoples reason for playing, but competition doesnt matter if you just want to enjoy the game. Nor does your skill unless you are forced into a competition.

As for your people were noobs back then statement. There were more pros round back then then there are now. The soul fact that every exploit was allowed made it even harder for the new players. So that part of your statement is false.

Last edited:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Back then i wasnt on the dev team. And im pretty much the only one whining about the 3 hit rule, because i played though the early days of 1.2

That freedom to do everything you want is waht got me hooked up with ESF, not some ****ty whos the best thing. Recently i played in some full servers and it was the most fun i had from the game in years. I didnt do any blocklame or stuff like that, buit doing 2 on 1s, getting hit with the same in a server that TRULY was FFA and not just a feast of multiple 1 on 1s. It was fun. The fun ended later when people joined who had nothing but that 1 on 1 mentality in their heads.

Its not fun to play against 1 guy all the time. Its fun to play in a server where everyone is out to get each other. All the randomness and chaos that appears from that is what made it fun. Sure its not competition, and thats some peoples reason for playing, but competition doesnt matter if you just want to enjoy the game. Nor does your skill unless you are forced into a competition.

As for your people were noobs back then statement. There were more pros round back then then there are now. The soul fact that every exploit was allowed made it even harder for the new players. So that part of your statement is false.

Again I can't do much more than agree to your post, you seem to be the only smart one
1v1's are fine but they are being overdone ..

and yes there were more pros .. but quality over quantity imo... there might of been a billion pros but if they cant stand to the level of one we have today etc..

And I fully agree to that people lack fun today.. all they want is 1v1 and win..

Thanks for your constructive and useful post Grega :)

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i think Gohan, Omni, Yugi and even Kai here are good examples of what that age had to offer XD

Mind you though in the transition from 1.1 to 1.2 the game slowed down by at least half speed whise. So anyone used to 1.1 speeds and anglehitting with them had it 10 times easier to do it in 1.2 simply because they were used to a game that was a lot faster and harder on the reflexes XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom