For teh 3ds max users.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mhhh I was just wondering how you ppl add your final touches to a model... becuase for me to kick out symmetry and not being sure of it actually being done is quite a pain.

The most obvious decision is to just collapse symmetry but I have been thinking of adding a edit mesh modifier...

Anyway, how do you do it?

thanks ;/

Best answers
I dont really understand what your trying to say.. >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damh i thought i explained pretty well o.o

nutshell: Once you finished the model and you are going to do stuff that is not symmetrical how do you do it? Is there ways to still keep it mirrored, or use a symmetry modifier.

BTW what ways are there to do unsymmetrical edits whilst the model aint done?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
create a new object instead of directly editing the model?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah but somthing that is the model... like mayby hes one arm has a glove or somthing... or the one leg is smaller :p or like naruto ish stuff they have shuriken holdsters on 1 of the leg.......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well... first i create the whole mesh wich can be mirrored... then im going to add detail poly by poly <_< ....

Best answers
Exactly.

I Finish the model, duplicate one half, mirror it, then edit the parts that I want different =o

Best answers
just add a symmetry modifier then an edit poly/mesh modifier afterwards, you can still make changes to both versions of editable/edit poly/mesh.
so your modifier list would look something like this

edit mesh
symmetry
editable mesh

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mhh ya, I mentioned that In my first post.

BTW, lets say you start at the feet... and the guy have a really unsymmetrical waist(like a scew belt or somthing / ...you get the point)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That doesn't seem difficult. Just model both halves of the model, combine the halves when you're done, and then save modelling the belt for last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom