For a bit of fun and to practice my texturing.....

๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
Im currently working on this!....

this is a comparison of the 2 meshes, as you can see the new one is much cleaner D=, But still needs tweaking, oh well, back to work T_T

Super Saiyan Dabura
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
add a row on biceps area so that you form it a bit better, lower the shoulders or make bigger trapezoids. I would follow this ref for the upper part since the lower half is awesome

also his face is more stretched horizontally

awesome to see dbz models again, keep it pushin GG

spoiler

๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
I like the upper body in that ref, all but the arms, just seem so small than most other refs. all other refs of him have much more massive arms that that
prob my favorite ref so far

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks a lot better. Its a lot less blocky and more detailed! I gotta say that model looks 10 times better to me.

ANBU
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG Brolly is back!!! :shocked:

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Best Broly I've ever seen. I actually kinda hate how long his arms are, but that's how LSSJ Broly looks.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
Brolli has never been "USSJ", this form is Unique to Brolli and always refered to as LSSJ, Since his size and body increases but speed is still high, where as USSJ size and body increases but speed is cut down - USSJ Trunks vs PCell for example. i have never read any bios or seen anything refer to this form as USSJ.

Taken from the DB wiki,
"Unlike other Super Saiyan forms which cause the inexperienced user to suffer exhaustion, this transformation maintains a constant flow of energy as a battle is prolonged. As a result, this form requires no ki consumption, gives Broly phenomenal strength and speed, and constantly raises his power level as long as he remains in the Legendary Super Saiyan form. Additionally, the irises and pupils in his eyes seemingly disappear, giving an even more menacing look than most Saiyan transformations. During one scene in Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan, it is implied that Broly must release some of his power in order to maintain his physical body's stability, meaning that there initially is a limit to how much his power level can increase at one time (though he seemed to have overcome that setback when he attacked Earth). The Legendary Super Saiyan form erupts from underneath the flesh of his previous form.

This form is also one that is quite unique to Broly (as it is a genetic trait), as he is the Legendary Super Saiyan. It is a form that has very little disadvantages and allows Broly to overwhelm his opponents. Broly's power level not only shoots upward tremendously, but it also steadily increases as long as he stays in this form, so the longer he fights the stronger he gets. Since the power level in this form is so vast, Broly has been shown to take extremely powerful attacks without so much as flinching. For example, in his first appearance, Broly fought two Full-Power Super Saiyans, 2 2nd Stage Super Saiyans, and a Super Namek all at the same time and was in control of the whole fight, with his opponents being unable to hurt him in the least. "

Anyways..., Im going to rebuild most of the upper body, more towards your ref Denz, but the arms are prob gonna remain the same pretty much, as i like the massive bulk size from most refs, and cause Ski and I will look over proportions after XD

Last edited:
Super Saiyan Dabura
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe I just said that to cause some argument

I will wait for your progress and give critics for the arms then

lower body shouldnt be touched tho, maybe feet a little but overall it is great

๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
ya, im quite pleased with the lower body edits, his feet are a bit big, but meh, prob not that big of an issue to shrink a lil bit

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it, im curious how those shoulders will deform though. Without blending, it seems like no matter what they will collapse into themselves. Thats one area where the old one seems like it has the upper hand.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
DT will probably rig it, and he's quite pro at making things deform properly, so everything should be good. ^_^

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
DT will probably rig it, and he's quite pro at making things deform properly, so everything should be good. ^_^

I'm guessing this is something he's yet to share with us? From memory deformations have always been a little off in ESF.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
Oo, the latest animations deform rather well now, DT is always figuring out new rigging methods, hl1 though is tough cause theres nothing to help ease animations like weights and such

๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
Well, i dislike double posting but ima do it anyway, so, heres an update, lots of changs, pretty much remodeled the whole upper torso and shoulders. The Rendered image i decided to go with a normal render without lighting to show the cleanliness of the mesh, but ya, anyways, back to tweaking i go! >_<

Former Forcepit Member :(
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
i would like to see the ooriginal referance image you used or a link to a site with the refs

๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
I used my own reference that i drew based on various references i had, upper body from the pic in denzs post on the first page was a major base, and the arms i used several refs from other images and a youtube vid of brolli from raging blast and drew my own out, tis sitting here on my desk, unfortunately i dont have a scanner atm so i cant scan it in

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe.. the way I rig is just rediculous... Since like GG said HL1 has no weighting, I have to improvise with dozens of controllers.. A lot of which are automatic so once I make them, I dont ever touch them again as I animate.
which is probably why for peeps who like to make their own custom models wont be able to fully take advantage of my models because of specific bone placing that is custom to each model... in other words...

goku 1 - custom rig
goku ssj 1 / ssj 2 - custom rig
goku ssj 3 - custom rig

ssj 1 and 2 are basically the same literally so they're shared.
but for other characters like freeza

freeza 1 - custom
freeza 2 - custom
freeza 3 - custom
freeza 4 - custom

so yeah.. lol. and I cap out the bones to 128 when ever I possibly can which allows maximum deformation and I have to say, the outcomes are damn amazing.

Reactions: sub
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said on msn, sexeh sexeh ^_^

Former Forcepit Member :(
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe.. the way I rig is just rediculous... Since like GG said HL1 has no weighting, I have to improvise with dozens of controllers.. A lot of which are automatic so once I make them, I dont ever touch them again as I animate.
which is probably why for peeps who like to make their own custom models wont be able to fully take advantage of my models because of specific bone placing that is custom to each model... in other words...

goku 1 - custom rig
goku ssj 1 / ssj 2 - custom rig
goku ssj 3 - custom rig

ssj 1 and 2 are basically the same literally so they're shared.
but for other characters like freeza

freeza 1 - custom
freeza 2 - custom
freeza 3 - custom
freeza 4 - custom

so yeah.. lol. and I cap out the bones to 128 when ever I possibly can which allows maximum deformation and I have to say, the outcomes are damn amazing.
well when esf is finaly relesed what about making a rig for custom models one rig people have to add ther own animations

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom