Folds Tutorial!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, i made a tutorial for those "noob" skinners out there....BUT....you need to atleast know some techniques. This technique belongs to Bjoskma's dbz skinning tutorail, but i know some of it, so i might make a tutorial of everything too. This has no words, you have to figure it out. :)

Hintzours" Burn, dodge, and smudge."
Shijing Teh eval maffin man told teh hintzours!

slide one: use the brush tool with a fine brush to make a row of lines
slide two: use the dodge tool and brigten up the gaps
slide three: use the blur/smudge tool and drag these lines around into fold like shapes
slide four: add any more smaller additions to the gaps
slide five: use the burn tool and darken the edgres creating a more defined shadow effect

(It may be best if you saved it, i might loose bandwith*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice.
but it's not stepped to step
Like you didnt tell them to add the dodge tool... smudge it or nothing. would come in handy if someone is just using photoshop.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, thats why i said figure it out, you need atleast to know some technique's..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For noob skinners out there this won't help at all, people who will understand what to do without directions don't need this tutorial. I read boskma's tutorial when I was just starting and it didn't make any sense at all to me and it had both pictures and writing. I can't imagine how difficult this will be. But good effort... Nice to know some people still want to help others.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i met a noob skinner online, and he's getting it, you just need to exeperience with smudge tool and highlight/ burn tool too.

Best answers
Folds defined as those really turn out **** on the models , sorry man .

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it turns out good in my skins. i dont think your doing it right. =/

Best answers
Hahahaha, Don't even go there . Take a look at my skins and then have look at yours . Btw this is not in a insulting way , I am just sayin that there is no way those folds can look good on models .

Here is a example of folds I made a while ago, These on the other hand look somewhat decent on a model .

Best answers
Thats not a tutorial, thats a slide show of pictures.
Try including instructions that are in each 'slide'.

Best answers
ive never heard of a tut like that before,
sounds more like an excuse

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
which is not easy for people who dont know what the buttons are -_0

slide one: use the brush tool with a fine brush to make a row of lines
slide two: use the dodge tool and brigten up the gaps
slide three: use the blur/smudge tool and drag these lines around into fold like shapes
slide four: add any more smaller additions to the gaps
slide five: use the burn tool and darken the edgres creating a more defined shadow effect

im too lazy to plod through it baby step style ;O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
some people dont know how to use there imagination, they need guidence through your stuff, like i will guide you now.. /me kicks groin ;O

Best answers
wHat, whO arE yOu? WhEre Am I?

hEy Who aM i?

WhAt is ThIS?!

Anyway, good tutorial, but not for those "n00bs".

Best answers
actually its not that great of a tutorial, for one slim has a unique style because not wants to have folds that are defined as much as that,
to me that looks wierd and noobish, might just be me tho
in most cases you want the lighting to be coming from a place above the folds while yours looks like its in front about 2 inches or less from each individual fold. also that makes the thing look way too folded, like a material 15 feet long was put on to something 5 feet long. sorry slim but to me it looks mediocre at best

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unknown// said:
NO!!!! THEY SUPPOSED TO FIGURE IT OUT SHIJING!! >:eek:
If i were going to teach someone how to golf, am I supposed to say here, start swinging? You gotta teach them the right posture, where to place their hands, how far to swing back, how to follow through....

Shijing did what needed to be done. Ive never heard of a tutorial that gave you hints instead of telling you straight up what has to be done.

Best answers
Lol, whats the use of posting a tutorial if you wont explain how to do it? You said its for noobs right? Well in that case, they will have no idea what to do unless you instruct them.

Best answers
Well its ok but it turn out practicly the same on my skins.. exept it tkaes half the time to do it which is ok i gues.. it look to plasticy then cloth to me tho..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom