Fog

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I was thinking that it would be a nice addition to add a dense fog which would break up the fast gameplay for a few minutes and try to play more strategically having to use your scouter and such a lot to detect your opponent, have surprise beams being launched at you and god knows what lol. Fly straight into a rock because you cant see xD. It would make for some good gameplay. Im not saying there should be a completely foggy map but just like the day/night cycle maybe have some sort of weather in there as well?

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Not sure...I know a bit more about the weather now, it is just a map effect so I'm not sure if they can make a fog thick enough so u have a significant decrease in the distance you see without the game slowing down quite a lot...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
There is also the lag caused by the fog to consider.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Lag...on a game created using the half life engine....heheh... funny joke

Discord Member
Best answers
Pretty sure fog would if anything decrease lag considering it's dramatically reducing the distance you see anything.

on topic; perma fog would be a bad idea imo. unless it came randomly due to weather effects

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
-.- Fog doesn't change anything on lag...if and only if it decreases FPS. Again lag happens because of network problems or speed.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Honestly, it sounds pretty good, because then you have to have fast reflexes in order to dodge energy waves and be quick on your toes in order to fight off other people that jump you, sounds GOOOOOOD to me.:yes:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly, it sounds pretty good, because then you have to have fast reflexes in order to dodge energy waves and be quick on your toes in order to fight off other people that jump you, sounds GOOOOOOD to me.:yes:
How is that different from standard ESF?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Will more online players increase the lag or fps of a server? with ESF 1.3 apparently being fast paced as it is, the excellent graphics and vast landscapes..will any of this be taken into consideration with online play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom