fmod.dll and VAC

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Hello community!
So, just for security reasons, this dll in half-life folder can cause some problems with Valve Anti-Cheat:confused:
Because i know, vac bans by modifying core dll and exe files. Some mods like Paranoia cause bans by modified opengl32.dll that comes.

And yes... I own a legal copy of Half-Life on Steam.
my steam here

Steam Community link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/R4to0/

Thanks.

Regards,
Rafael.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends what you do with it i guess.

The ESF fmod.dll files will not get you VAC banned ^^

Best answers
1 question, if u are VAC banned at a game like CSS do u get VAC banned from ESF to than?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you are VAC banned in ANY game. You get VAC banned from ALL other games that use it.

VAC is a global system. Cheating in one game will get you banned in all the others to.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
seems like someone has only half-knowledge. There will be no Vac problems what so ever if you don't hook into engine dlls. Paranoia did a change to the opengl32.dll to gain access to features that weren't enabled by default such as the Stencil Buffer, anyhooters ESF at leat doesn't use this kind of hacks. Everything we produced is perfectly VAC secure. No offense but, if you had any idea how fmod worked you would know that too :) No hard feelings but don't worry. Besides as far as I'm aware Paranoida is a single player mod and they could jsut disable vac with a start parameter, and since it's single player no need for a vac protection there I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom