FMA comes back for a second series!

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those who have "acquired" the latest FMA chapter/volume would have noticed that a second anime series is production.

FMA is/was/will be? my favourite series of all, so this really is good for me. Anyone else eagerly awaiting? Will they follow the manga? Or continue the anime? Or something else? It should be good!

Last edited:
Best answers
man, I can't wait for it!
FMA isn't my fav but I love it !

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only have two hopes. They either follow the manga storyline or they work with new and different main characters.

With the original series, I liked the ending to the anime. Then they made the movie and I didn't like the ending near as much, but it was still alright. To somehow continue Ed and Al's story from the movie would be terrible and just plain selling out.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh? They're still making the Manga? I thought that the Anime followed the Manga. Either way, I gotta watch this. Let's hope it's good.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. The manga takes a very different turn around the time when they deal with Greed, has a few new characters plus a couple of old ones are different as well.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. The manga takes a very different turn around the time when they deal with Greed, has a few new characters plus a couple of old ones are different as well.
Indeed, Greed's a little more fun this time around.

I'm torn between wanting it to follow the manga and a new story. I want to see the Manga as an Anime but I don't want to be able to predict the story...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well they can't exactly act like the movie never happened (which i would love them to do)...I hope the main characters are new and somehow tie into the characters we know and love from the first series with the exception of Ed and Al. I'd love it to follow Ed and Al again but the movie kinda destroyed any possibility of that...

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well they can't exactly act like the movie never happened (which i would love them to do)...I hope the main characters are new and somehow tie into the characters we know and love from the first series with the exception of Ed and Al. I'd love it to follow Ed and Al again but the movie kinda destroyed any possibility of that...
I would cry if the introduced new main characters and dumped those two. Ed and Al were both amazing characters and I don't think that fans would want them to go (heck, I still miss Maes Hughes. It's like having Naruto without Naruto (which I have no idea what it would be like as I've never seen it).

If it is a new story, I don't think they'll risk new main characters, most series wouldn't. They could have done more with chimeras and other countries but it would be difficult to pull off something new.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's like having Naruto without Naruto (which I have no idea what it would be like as I've never seen it).
Have you been reading the naruto manga? Sasuke basically took over the manga for a while and it wasn't until just recently that naruto came back into the picture (and I hated it...). So I can agree there, FMA isn't FMA without Ed and Al.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you been reading the naruto manga? Sasuke basically took over the manga for a while and it wasn't until just recently that naruto came back into the picture (and I hated it...). So I can agree there, FMA isn't FMA without Ed and Al.
*indicates quietly that I have no knowledge on Naruto other than have read the pilot chapter*

Best answers
The ending of the anime kinda left me hanging. Less then berserk's ending...:cry: Kinda nice they're picking it up again.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hjAsiSx5u6o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hjAsiSx5u6o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bump.

Ed and Al Confirmed for new FMA series. That just makes me think it will follow the route of the manga.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd be better if new saga of DBZ comes out LOL.
  1. DBZ;
  2. FMA.
So DBZ > FMA.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
  1. DBZ;
  2. FMA.
So DBZ > FMA.
Actually. From the plot, to the animation and even character personality presentation. DBZ falls way behind FMA.

The only thing that DBZ has and FMA doesnt is planet exploding attacks and super speed. But thats not nocesairily better since oyu end up with dragged out fights.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
  1. DBZ;
  2. FMA.
So DBZ > FMA.
Blasphemy!

There's still no clear indication of the plot, I've heard reports both ways. It comes out in Japan in April. One thing I do know, I'm not waiting for the dub.

I wonder if L'Arc~en~ciel will provide the opening theme again, so far 3 of their songs have been used in openings/credits for the series and movie. Brilliant Years or New World would work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom