FLCL

Best answers
I watched all six episodes yesterday and OH MY GOD. This is by far the second greatest anime I've seen so far. Weirdness up the ying-yang, wacky humor, great music (though it gets a little repetitive), top-notch animation and did I mention weirdness? The storyline's pretty confusing at first, but it gets understandable the more you watch it.

Haruko's become my new personal hero.

Everyone who wants to see just how far Japanese imagination can go: go get it now. Everyone who wants a clear storyline that's not confusing: go get it anyways. The humor and wackiness alone makes this a must see, not to mention the animation.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes I found FLCL to be quite hilarious and the wacky animation to be extremely funny as well....

where else does wacking someone on the head with an electric guitar repeditively end up being so cool?

Best answers
There's just one thing I don't like: it's too short!

I just re-watched all six episodes and now I feel so sad... :cry:

Best answers
I've seen Furi Curi.. about 15 times lol. Second best anime ever, just behind FMA. And actually haruhara haruko is a bad guy..er girl. no hero. Takou is the hero there. but the anime is awesome. Pillows ROCK \m/

KyoKusanagi

K
I really liked the music but didn't think that much of the anime - i'll give it another watch and see if i change my mind.

Best answers
Yeah, the music's good, but it sounds all the same to me. Except for "I think I can" (the song played during the climax of episode 6). That's an awesome song.

I love the whole wackiness when Haruko first arrives in episode 1. The "bullet-time" sequence when Haruko gives Naota "CPR" and Mamimi looks on in terror, interrupted by a quick "behind the scenes" bit with the "actors". Hilarious :laff:

There's one thing I don't get though. Were those robots that came out of Naota's head sent by those guys lead by Agent Eyebrows (can't remember his name) to apprehend Haruko? Or was Haruko behind it all?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, it's so confusing, I *think* this is how it goes, bear with me cause I'm probobly wrong at least once:

Medical Mechanica is trying to get an excuse to activate their plant on Earth (the giant ironing thing.) None of the characters in the show actually work for Medical Mechanica (I believe.) Commander Amaro (eyebrows guy) doesn't want them to activate the plant, and he's trying to get Naota to side with him since Naota is the only one with the correct brain erm... frequency... to create those crazy robots, and consequentially Atomsk.

The reason eyebrows-guy fights Haruko is because Haruko just wants Atomsk and doesn't care if, in the process, the plant gets activated. The plants Medical Mechanica make are, apparently, used to brainwash entire planets ("iron the wrinkles" in your brain.)

Here's where it gets shady for me. Haruko is the one getting the robots out of Naota's head, although how smashing him with a guitar gets them out, I have no idea, or why Naota is apparently a part of the terminal core and powers up the robot when he gets eaten, I also have no idea, or why the same robots that come out of his head fight each other, I also have no idea, but I don't think they're after Haruko specifically. Yeah. . .

Still, awesome anime, if not for the sole reason that it IS completely confuddling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom