First VTech... now NASA?!!!!

Best answers
Houston, we have a problem... Had to say that. No offense....

Just got this off the BBC news network.

BBC said:
A gunman has killed a male hostage and himself during a stand-off at Nasa's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.

Police, who had surrounded the scene and entered when they heard a gunshot, also found a second hostage, a woman, who was alive but tied up with tape.

Police Capt Dwayne Ready said officers were called to the scene at about 1340 (1840 GMT) after a man was seen with a gun and two shots were heard.

Nasa named the gunman as Bill Phillips, a contract engineer at the site.

The hostages were named as David Beverly and Fran Crenshaw, though the names were not confirmed by police.

Nasa spokesman Doug Peterson said the agency would review its security procedures following the siege.

"Any organisation would take a good, hard look at the kind of review process we have with people," he said.

Agency officials said mission operations were not interrupted by the incident.

Two found dead
Source

wtf is going on at the US? first Virginia Tech and Now NASA

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The US, that's what's going on in the US..

Yea what he said. It aint the first and it wont be the last.

Like it or not but the USA was made in blood and blood is part of its existance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I figured this would happen...

Now we're going to see all the copycat ****jobs come out of the shadows and try to go out with a blaze of media sensation. Now, if the media hadn't had the VTech story running 24/7, this guy probably wouldn't have gotten any stupid ideas.

Best answers
Yea, actually we had a shooting at an office complex in Troy, Michigan last week. That got quite a bit of media attention. I have no clue why people are pulling this ****...

Anyways, im not sure if the Troy shooting got national media attention, but im pretty sure that atleast everyone in Michigan and Ohio knew about it. I'll have to ask Tassadar.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no clue why people are pulling this ****...
Same reason people started killing themselves left and right after Kurt Cobain's death.

Because they're idiots.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually, kurt cobains death was caused by a rogue Mudkip.

personally, i think America has hung onto its constitution for way too long. it's gotten to the point where it's doing more damage to the nation than help, or at least, parts of it are.

a new constitution should be drawn up, not just by the governing body at the time, but by all political parties reprisenting the nation, a constitution that will benefit the people, and say "**** you" to the people who don't care anymore.

anyone who says "the constitution says i can own a gun" is an idiot, and if issues like that aren't addressed, because it would be "unconstitutional", then things like this will continue to happen.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!! o/

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should run for president. Hell, everyone outside of America should run for president. Everyone knows how to fix America except for Americans.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a new constitution should be drawn up, not just by the governing body at the time, but by all political parties reprisenting the nation, a constitution that will benefit the people, and say "**** you" to the people who don't care anymore.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!! o/
Though I can see some bits being outdated, I just have the strongest feeling that a new constitution would be exploited some way, given the current political situations...

"Admendment 28-What happens in the White House, stays in the White House" =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So typical of the internets. Someone goes crazy in the US (and that defiantly never happens anywhere else :O), and everyone is quick to jump on the **** of the whole country, because a hand full of crazy guys defiantly represent the country well....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, no.

But you don't hear this kind of **** in most other countries.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because no one cares when it happens in other countries. Everyone goes crazy when something bad happens in America. It makes it easier to say "Look how horrible it is over there. Thank God I live here, where it is nice and safe. Dan got stabbed again? I hope he learned his lesson."

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Because stuff like this only happens in the US, the US is evil.

Christ, half the comments in here are more ignorant than the southern US.

Hah.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ouch. Two birds with one stone.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Because stuff like this only happens in the US, the US is evil.

Christ, half the comments in here are more ignorant than the southern US.

Hah.
Ehm who are the ignorant? The one who knows nothing of local news outside their country or the ones who do?

I'm not saying that Europe is better, but these things just tend to happen in America alot more.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say the ignorant person is someone who makes a generalization based on events that are few and far between, and typecasts and entire country because of said event.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hope you're not referring to me...

however, the worst thing in england in recent years, is some dad getting into buckingham palace dressed like batman, and fighting for fathers rights...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm referring to everyone who's told us to dismantle the constitution because someone who shouldn't have been able to buy a gun due to his mental illness managed to get one because of a single person's incompetence.

I'm not referring to you, but it does include you.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm referring to everyone who's told us to dismantle the constitution because someone who shouldn't have been able to buy a gun due to his mental illness managed to get one because of a single person's incompetence.

I'm not referring to you, but it does include you.
It's ignorant to think guns have nothing to do with this.:fight:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom