first skin in awhile

Best answers
well i needed to get back into skinning and i did so with dendza's fat buu
mapped and edited a little in max
skinned in photoshop

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For a fat guy his arms look pretty ripped... Might wanna back off on the definition there. Might wanna work in some airbrushing lighter colors and variations of pink, kinda looks like he's one color and masked with soot atm. But coming nicely.

Best answers
the definition doesnt really matter but why is he ripped? becaus your can see his tricep?
umm well dbz is know for going unrealistic in definition and it would look bad if it was a flat color no?

and as for
kama said:
kinda looks like he's one color and masked with soot atm
i didnt really get that part -_-
please state it again a little more clear

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
K, sorry that was fault on my part. ^^

Anyways, in more detail what I said was as follows,

Buu essentially doesn't have any muscle tone at all. He is morbidly obese, so if you live in America you can go to the nearest McDonalds and check out some ppl eating there. See if the average person has any muscle definition at all in their arms. Chances are because they are overweight, no they don't. The fat covers any definition they have so it won't show. So the tricep and shoulder definition you have should vanish. It's fine if you want to add wrinkles or what not between his bicep and forearm where it bends (that area does tend to be exaggerated in overweight people) feel free. But other than that, his arms look very healthy when it just isn't the case.

And for the soot in the face remark, you used a pink base color, which is obvious choice for Buu. However, in the attempt to provide any definition it looks like you just stuck to a burn tool (highlight i'm guessing) so there really isn't any color variation at all and it comes out looking very dull. I used soot as an analogy because the blackness of the shading without color variation is kind of what soot would produce taking away any shine. (Buu is a very shiney character BTW, so white highlights are a very good way to go)

If you need any more clarification lemme know. ^^
Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Best answers
oh i see what you mean by the comment now and no i didnt use the burn tool but i know what you mean to fix
edit: a few changes

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to fix the folds...They aren't showing up for me.

Best answers
did you mean on the pants, because i knwo they are crappy, im just too lazy to go back and redo them and anyways they arent really noticeable of a differnt ingame unless dendza wants me to

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It looks like buu has a clowns nose :D and i think you need to burn the outlines but its ok

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sooooo goood
me likey
just fix the cape folds and its going nice
maybe add more detail everywhere ;D

Best answers
something about the nose area(the area, he has no nose), bothers me. It might be because of the dodging that makes it stick out. It looks like he's trying to be a rat or something.

edit: btw, it's for UTF not ESF. Even I know that, and I haven't been here in like what? 2 months?

Best answers
that shading isnt much of a deal due to the fact your wont notice it much ingame

Best answers
what? no his eyes are almost always closed. Those are the slits that are his closed eyes, and the dot under them is a wrinkle from his face contorting in anger...its fine.

No, to me it looks right all except the bump where his nose would be...its not that big...and ALOT less defined...pretty much like a flat slate with a really small growth...yeah definetly not that defined. Think his cheeks should be just a (very very very) LITTLE tiny bit bigger too, but not by much if I didn't articulate that clearly.

Otherwise...you should be aware that the render does horrible things to your skin, specifically to his face...makes him look like an alien with sunken cheek bones.

Although You probably wont edit the model...his shoulders should be ALOT wider...he might be fat, but he was a buff fat (note the arms, which are realy nicely done btw), not just...fat fat

Otherwise I love it though, if you release it I'll definetly have a reason to actually use a fatbuu model in esf instead of replacing it with evil buu and a super buu for the trans.

EDIT:

Wait I see what Rays saying...but only from a distance...up close (like the picture he posted) I see what should be seen, the closed eyes and the dots for contortion. However in your first pics I kinda see what he's talkin about.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
do something about that mouth =O it looks kinda weird now...like he is pooping...make it a closed mouth or sumthing....

Best answers
the mouth is modeled not skinnned so the position is not my choice,

i dont really understand the pic you made but the eye shape looks fine to me so ill keep it that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom