Best answers
Wow, It's great much better than the one you're using now. Although you may want to replace the goten pic on the left dosn't look so good to me :S

Best answers
Uhhh, the bg is not very good. I think if you shrunk the background and then put the pics in it it would look much better. Like make it smaller that wasy less of the background is showing. I also suggest using some fading on some of the pics, maybe som luminence.

P.S. And the text is quite odd looking. I think you should change the outline color from yellow to white or black. I thinjk black would be best bet.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The background really needs a lot of work. Try some different effects. The text needs improvement too. Try putting an outline, or a different font. Keep on practicing!

Best answers
The text is better. I still though, caution you to stay away from basic fonts such as Arial, Times New Romans ect. The font you are using looks kinda plain. But honestly, for a first one it isn't horrible. Just remember certain colors don't mix.

Best answers
Oh my gosh! That Goten in the tux is so funny. I like it! Are you guys in a clan? I guess we should save this for PM, so if you read this Grim', PM me. BTW, make it more blue. :D

Best answers
WOW you finaly made one... NOW you can stop begging me to help you make one ;( ..... GJ i guess

Best answers
Made my second Sig =) i dont like it meeB you ?

Critz Plzz ?

And give me some Good fonts .. plzz :eek:

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try to stay away from lens flares.. only when it's really needed u should use them, and even then there are better effects u could (should?) use.

also, try to put more effort in bg's, for the fonts, u could download more, I seem to like the plain ones better, for most of my work I used Impact , (->topic site attempt, current sig most of my wallpapers) and that works out fine. Try to get used to the layer-modes (soft light overlay screen multiply color dodge color burn for blending and hue color saturation etc for color) ASAP, I find them one of the most important things, also changing opacity could make it look better in some cases. Ur not doing bas as a beginner though, I think they're quite nice, but for future refference :)

grtz Naz

Best answers
hmmm... lest see... Xenotron, skull salad, planet cosmos [used by many people], 911 porcha, acid reflux, anklepants, beast wars, battlefield, beware, byte police, and 04b_03b.

maybe i should get some screens of the good ones eh?

look for some of these, some are really nice looking. ;)

Best answers
i made another "sig" just 4 fun =)
i know the flares but this time it realy fit to the background so :fight:

Critz are welcome but not about flares :p

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ur using the same effect again... nothing personal against the lens flares, because u don't seem to listen anyway (and u don't have to) . Try something new really, I know ur a beginner but especially when u begin u should try different things.

grtz Naz

Best answers
so.. i still get no recognition?

man, i helped you with every part of that, down to the pasting of the transparent gifs to the backgroud (which was ripped from the sig i made you)

and mewtwo, thanks for downing the old sig i made for him before.. considering it was my like 2nd sig ever and i made it like in 5 minutes i was quite happy with it..

ahh.. glad that's off my chest.. ok.. not bad sig grim, but stop using that flare effect i used in yours, i told you not too but you didn't listen :p

Best answers
Okay I have to disagree with Koblano hardcore on the font issue. A lot of the crazy typefaces that are popular in webdesign are just bad. There's no other adjective that I can think of. You guys have to realize the incredible amount of work that goes into creating a real typeface, it can take years. Taking a two-word logo or logotype and creating an complete font from it is, say 7 times out of 10, a bad idea. Most logotype only works well in it's original context, and just seems odd in any other situation. Arial is a solid font, clean, elegant, and well-designed. Ask yourself what the feel is for your piece and let that be the guide for what font to use. Look at the logo for MGS2, Swiss Condensed Bold, that was designed by an artist 50 years ago and it is a great family of typefaces. All I'm saying is, don't get hooked by the flash or the fads. Flashy type is usually fluff that looks trendy one day, and ugly the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom