First pieces of artwork ever

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, i was real bored last night, and for the first time, i decided to really go at drawing (well kinda copying) a picture. To my amazment it actually turned out half decent, and im pretty pleased with the result (they may look bad, but im like a begginer)
Now i've come to ask are there any links to help me with cartoon drawings? (i looked at the sticky, but alot of links were for photoshop etc...) I'd really appreciate any. Anywho for the pics (a few of the lines went missing when i put it as a jpg, but it was 2 megs as a bmp, so i'l have to live with it) please crit them :)

And

Best answers
That turned out pretty good JonesDaniel imo.
I could never draw like that.

Greetz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I just got a question for the more experienced drawers (or anybody with a good knowledge) Would it best to start off by drawing the head downwards? I've been starting with the feet (or atleast i did on the gohan picture) and i kinda messed up with the size of the head, as you probably noticed. Be grateful for a response to that too :]

Bolteh2

B
start with a stick figure.. the basic pose etc (and proportions) then do a 30 sec quick sketch of the basic shapes.. (those 2 steps in a very light pencil) then when u got everything right go over the outline and add detail etc with a harder pencil

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku is missing a finger...... Other then that looks nice for your first.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they looks pretty nice, bolteh is right, start with stick , then make basic forms arround it, then detail, i dont like the gohan dough, it looks sloppy.

6/10

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snow1586 said:
Goku is missing a finger...... Other then that looks nice for your first.
He isn't missing a finger, but it does look like he has two thumbs. SSJ2 Gohan is elongated and tiled forward a bit.

Try drawing without using references like that. It will make you a lot better, a lot faster.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optional said:
Try drawing without using references like that. It will make you a lot better, a lot faster.
Yeah, thats what i'd really like to do. I thought i'd try a few references first to try and get the basic shape of people (since i haven't really drawn anything this advanced before, stick men have been my past limit) I'l give it a go sometime, although it'l look like a total load of poo. Thanks for all the advice guys, most appreciated. Keep it coming

Best answers
With a liitle practice you'll become good very fast i'f those are your first. Those sites that The_real_legend gave are really helpfull thanx a lot

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, thanks alot for the guides. I'l look at them first thing in the morning. Im sure they will prove most useful. Thanks for all the posotive feedback, and you should be getting more off me sometime soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom