First person action, baby ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I'm thinking is when you go into first person, have it so when you swoop, an animation of hands come out in front of you, or when you charge an attack, you can see the glow on the right side or something. And when you enter Melee, you can see an animation of hands :D

Simple, but would look good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hardly simple, it would require custom hands for every character, not to mention legs. Animations would more then likely also have to be custom for a good portion. It's hardly a simple undertaking.

nge

Best answers
I was thinking about this, and while it would be nice to be able to tell when you're blocking and such, it would require quite a few new skins/animations. It wouldn't be that much of a change aside the blocking issue, however. Beyond that, it would be a cosmetic change for the most part. It could hurt FPS more- I know on my bad computer I use first person purely for the FPS gain of not rendering my own model in my screen. Granted, a simple r_drawviewmodel tweak could change that, but perhaps an option to have them or not would be nice if it went in.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there are beams in esf that require you to stay perfectly still while controlling right?

IIRC (i havent actually played esf seriously in months)
vegetas final flash completely immobilizes you while you control it.

i could see first person going to work in that, in the form of a beam-cam. since youd be a sitting duck anyways.

we used this feature in an old unreal tournament based dbz mod i worked in prior to discovering esf. and it was actually pretty fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom