First model be easy on me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a human :shocked: leg :S. Ok, it's not much but that's it. It's been a while since someone made that in here. And yes it will be for esf :cry: J/k
About 410 polys:

Best answers
i think you have some wasted polies and the shape isn't really correct

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks vegeta but i plan on making it a whole body. Anyways anyone knows how I can colour faces/polys?

Best answers
Its a nice leg! I like it! maybe you could try to make other parts of it now to? Keep up the good work! :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hes got very bowed shins :| find some good referances for legs...davidskiwan drew a referance picture of a full body/arms/legs in a sticky. you should use that, its infinately valuable..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok sure whatever, but how tf do I color faces?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Orbit said:
Ok sure whatever, but how tf do I color faces?
ok sure whatever? thats got to be the WORST way ive ever heard anyone take a crit... i dont know anything about milkshape and colouring faces, i use Max (cos milkshape sucks). and if ur just gonna respond like that to someone giving you crits and suggestions, you might as well give up now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was helping you out Orbit, but you threw it back in his face. He was giving you tips and to find tutorials, it's not like he came in here and say "IT SUX!". You blow him off with sarcasm, yet turn around and ask how to use colored polies?

And your model is a bit on the down side, sorry. That's way to much polies for a leg of that calibur. Some people can build a head and torso with 500 polies. Doesnt even hae a shape of a human leg, when have you seen a person with their legs going in the shape of an "S"? Try looking at some anatomy refs to see what i mean.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Really. You're both right, I'll go check the stuff you said. You really posted nicely and I posted exactly the other way. Hey I should get a warning for that. No wait, I already have 3, yay!
*shuts himself up* Ok I'll use what you posted. Thanks.

XXX

Best answers
He's already using a tutorial to make this human, so why point him to another one -_-'?

Here

Its good though, I'd recommend it to any one who's interested in modeling ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
firstly he didnt say he was using a tut. secondly, looking at that, its probably the WORST tut ive EVER seen for poly by poly... 1 cylinders are easyer to use for legs. 2 how many friggin polies did he want to use for ehm.....ne detail at al??

edit, my bad it was a wireframe view (which i rarely/ if ever use.) so it looked like loads...sorry

XXX

Best answers
That tutorial is pretty good actually...and ehm..why are you bashing his model -_-'? Its his first...pretty good for a first try Imo (even though he wasted alot of poly's ^_^).

He just needs to follow Teh steps of that tutorial, after that he's probably ready to try and make one on his own ^_^....

If you're not using that tutorial, then I wish the good luck on finishing that thing without ending up with 200k poly's :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i didnt bash his model at all.... i just pointed out that if he used good referance picteres (such as davidskiwans) to good effect, that it would come out well, i never once said it was bad, i just said it needs work. so back off.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did use that tut in first place being newb to get started but now I only use it's refs. Those refs are quite good for real human proportions (ideal proportions :)). That's why I wasn't too excited about what you said. I looked at them, they are really good, but for dbz models. Not that much of a difference but I already started it so it would be a shame to start it again.

Btw added the foot and polycount = 356. Yippie :laff:
Pictures soon.
Edit: now polycount is 338 :devgrin:

EDIT: Got some pics for ya

and here's a cool view

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom