First Lightwave model

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

It sucks but it's my first. A few questions:

How do I do pretty good rendering, and how do I make polygons? I press 'p' but not all the poly gons are being made.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a sword

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now i dont have any expecience so all i can tell you is that i can see some back faces and that it looks 2d (it might just be the render)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ask eclipse for seom help, hes the lightwave pro around here.
Doesn't really look like a sword, but its better then i did in
lightwave, all i could figure out was how to make a box....

Good luck

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once you know how to make vertexes, it's kinda like the ms3d Vertex system. I still don't know how to make a full polied model >_<

Best answers
Dan16 said:
wtf is lightwave?
Spamful! yay! lets all spam!
NO!
<_<
Anyway , I think you probably shoulc change progtram...looks like spilt milk to me ... no offence...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I made a long a$$ tutorial for modeling for beginners in lightwave, it's a sticky on the top of the fourms...incase you missed it here is a link (http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=51135). Anyway I hope it should help....It's hard to say just from that picture why you aren't making a polygon when youy press "p". Maybe you re, and it's flipped backwards, maybe you only have 2 points selected so it doesn't make a full polygon....or maybe you have the points on different layers, which confuses lightwave since it doesn't know what layer to put the polygon on, therefore it doesn't make one. Like I said it's really hard to say the situation from the information you have given, but maybe one of those will help you.

Also.......

MajinDruu said:
NO!
<_<
Anyway , I think you probably shoulc change progtram...looks like spilt milk to me ... no offence...
Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't even know how to spell properly....stick with Lightwave, only the cool people use it, and it's the best :laff: :cool:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MajinDruu said:
NO!
<_<
Errmm....thats not spam, thats called a "question". Maybe you have
heard of them.... Anyway, lightwave is a secsi modeling program
like 3D Studio Max and Milkshape. But people who use it get an incurable
disease :(. Poor clipseh :(. He got HIV from applying a meshsmooth
modifier :(. He learned his lesson though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats the last time i hug teh clipseh >;0

Best answers
d-k, I suggest you to search for or read some tutorials first, they'll have all the info you'll need, what you can do is adjust the "backdrop color"(you can bind a key for it or put it in a menu, read some tuts to see how it's done) and in the camera properties you can adjust the resolution and AA, and play with the lights a lil as well

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Help:
1. when you make a 4-points polygon.. you have to select the points in a order
2. if the polygon is not shown after the polygon settelment (to do a polygon push "p" ) then flip it with the button "f" .... (but u have to go for that,onto the face-select-mode and select the faces...
3. if you got a half of one 4-point polygon flipped and the other not... then redo the polygon again or if you finished the model push "T" and then select the faces and flip um ^^

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quick question, how do I select only one Vertex?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
first, be in point mode of course. There are 2 ways from here, either click and hold the left mouse botton and hover over the point you want selected, ooor right click and hold and draw a circle around the point you want selected, I hope that is clear enuf, If you need any help jsut send me a message on AIM or MSN, I have been using lightwave for 2 years now, and am pretty familiar with it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really noob question: I found the Plane tool yesterday or 2 day's ago, I forgot where it was >_< Where is it agian?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is light wave when like someone transes and that blast of black and white light come around them? show me a pic

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dan16 please post a new thread I don't want my thread spammed :D

Anyway's I still need to find the Plane tool >_<

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dan16 said:
is light wave when like someone transes and that blast of black and white light come around them? show me a pic
Lightwave is the program that he is using to make models with.

Almighty_gir said:
thats the last time i hug teh clipseh >;0
Please, try to post more on topic next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom