First Ever Render

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bad, because you didn't actually render anything, you just cut it out and enlarged it.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bad, because you didn't actually render anything, you just cut it out and enlarged it.
That's basically what a render is. You take an image and cut out it's background.

Anyway, that's a pretty good render. A few jagged edges but other than that, good job.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice job. That's a pretty good first render. Better than my first, anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, It was pretty fun accually. I thought Rendering would be tiring but it was pretty fun XD.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's basically what a render is. You take an image and cut out it's background.

Anyway, that's a pretty good render. A few jagged edges but other than that, good job.
LOL

Lee just got served.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
according to the oxford dictionary:

Render: to bring out the meaning of by performance or execution; interpret, as a part in an original drama or a piece of music, or artwork.

so, to render something, is to take an image in your head, or description, and put it down on paper for others to see.

it is NOT to cut out of something.

so really, the original image is a render, because it is an artists interperitation of an image in their head, or of a description they have been given. while the edited image, is just a cutout of the above.

bite me.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's common knowledge amongst graphic artists, that a render is a cutting an image from it's background cleanly.

Sorry.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no it's not o_O, it is what it is, it's cutting it out, it's not rendering anything at all.

how the **** can those two things be confused?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does the oxford dictionary give lessons in editing with Photoshop? My guess is no, but I could be wrong(?). There are terms that when applied to specific things, they have a different meaning than normal.

Think about rendering graphics for example. Oxford dictionary doesn't cover that either, does it? Yet you know that's a correct term (or do you?).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm almost afraid to say, but I'm with Lee on this one. Rendering, or at least I thought, was .. you know.. actually rendering stuff in say, 3DSMAX, Bryce or whatever. o_o

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is rendering as well, but usually, you render a 3d image on a clean background, so no cutting required. This is also some form of rendering, except, you render yourself instead of letting a program do it for you. That's why the result of this cutting is also called a 'render'. And that render can be used in a wallpaper or signature for example.

Best answers
dissagree with Lee at this one.. a render is indeed commonly know as a cut out from a picture, among graphic artists (not only on this forum) and that isnt enough proof that he made a "render" tho.
however. since he clearly made what HE meant.. its using your common sense to conclude he made a RENDER indeed. :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not at all, if he were to draw it from scratch, he would be rendering his own interperatation.

cutting and pasting does not equal rendering.

and i would question labeling ANYONE with the name "graphic artist" if they think the way you do. i'd rather label them an idiot.

the reasoning behind the argument, from my side, is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendering_(computer_graphics)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting

note how NO WHERE in the entire computer graphics rendering topic, does it say anything about cutting things, anywhere.

note also, that in an artical about cutting, period. it states clearly, that it is the act of sepperating a physical object, or a portion of a physical object, into two or more pieces.

i win douchebags.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That article is about rendering a computer image. But a cut out picture is also called a render. It's the final product. When you are done rendering a 3d image, you call it a render (which you can then use in a piece of art). When you are done cutting, you call it a render (which you can then use in a piece of art). When you take that render and spice it up in anyway, it's called an artwork.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lee, go to ANY pure graphic arts forum... and ask them what a render is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom