First ever Milk shape face by face model..

Best answers
Ok i have posted this over at SOS i know i know.. But someone wanted me to post it here as well.. so catch (notice i am just copy and pasting what i posted at sos.. after this)

Ok.. my 3D studio max 5 is bust.. so i desided to play with milkshape and made this (prob my worst model ever) but its just to see what milkshape is like.. I would like crit's (i also know the eye's i chose to do aint the best idea).

And here is ref pic i used..

And the people who also love flat shaded..

MaX

Best answers
Wow i cant even make a face like that yet lol :)

Best answers
is studio max any good? cos im pretty hopeless with milkshape, can never get the 3d effect with my models :(

Best answers
oh yeah, max IS good. dude ofcourse its good!!! but it costs alot, you can try gmax, a free version of 3d max for gamers.. but no support for hl models... but you can export it to md3 and then thru milkshape export the md3 to smd.

Best answers
well, if its not half-life compatible, i dont see the point in me getting it

Best answers
Not really much there to crit on but none the less nice work.

Best answers
Secound..

Here is my secound one..

And once again its not my best ever model.. but only secound time doing it this way..

Best answers
Vegeta torso..

Again done in milksahpe but i got my 3d s max 5.0 working again.. so i can go back to making good models.. but here take a look.. (And once again NOT MY NORMAL STYLE OF MODELING just thought i would give it a try)

Reference picture..

Best answers
u knoww what? ur work is givin me the sh**s, its so much better than mine :'(

Bolteh2

B
im not a great fan of the chibi-goku-face-model :\ doesnt look right to me, prolly the eye area and nose area thats bugging me

i like the goku (or vegeta or any other non-chibi char :p) you did great work on that one

and i totally dislike the body, heres why:
- the chest area, he has a hoge hole in it :p its like a canyon over there
- the arms are messy to, you use way to many polies for the arms and worst of all you havent put them in the correct place, its like an arm of a 500 pound guy that lost 400 pounds and so has skin to much on his arms :p its all rinkly and stuff, not musclular at all (wow found ggreat word for it : granny-arms :p)

anyway, its fecking good for firts poly by poly model, but try to watch the things i said, and it will be ok :)

ps: now try dbz style hair ;)

Best answers
AWESOME!!! Perhaps I should try this technique, too
Modelling poly by poly takes much more time, but the result looks much better...

But good work, really like it.

Best answers
Hair

Ok i gave it a go.. but didnt tern out that well.. like the rest.. And also thx for help.. and the secound face is vegeta.. here is hair:

CRITS For all model's done so far needed..

Best answers
Who's hair is it??? Looks kinda weird, i think it needs longer and more spikes...

Best answers
LOL.. its just DBZ style hair

Not baced on anyone in DBZ.. but i got asked to do DBZ type hair so i did

Best answers
Looks good, but the spike in the middle is real weird, and you should make the spikes more pointy and longer...

Best answers
Wow your really good.
I like the body of Vegeta, looks almost like him.
But I don't like the hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom