First Episode is now out...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just as a reminder.

This is not an illegal download. This is a free Original Net Anime (ONA) made by Production I.G, which is 4 episodes long (each episode is 10 minutes) and only the first episode is being shown so far...

I am talking about, King of Fighters: Another Day

This is a Copy & Paste of what I posted in my forum-

I was goinna post this earlier in the morning before my computer almost died I would've posted it sooner but I never had the time.

Showtime.jp is already streaming the first episode HERE..

However, a downloadable version of the first episode can be gotten by clicking HERE

(Thanks to RealKim from KOF Chaos for the downloadable version).

First & Last Episode is about Kyo, Iori, Alba, Soiree & Ash.
Second Episode is about Rock, Terry, Billy & Lien.
Third Episode is about K-Team & Ikari-Team.

Also, KOF Cyberfanatix has an English Translation of the first episode, HERE

Theres a way to turn the translation above into a Sub-File, but I donno how. Which reminds me, I need to reinstall VobSub, XvID & DivX...

Also, the voice actors in the anime are the same voice actors from the game. So they got their same in-game voices.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm googling this right now and seeing if it's any hard to turn that text into subtitles, cuz I wanna watch this bad.

Well after attempting and failing miserably at adding subs to the video, I just kept it windowed and read the translation on that site as the video went. I must say that the fight scenes were off the charts in the kickass department. Anyways, what is this supposed to be anyways? A prelude to the next game or something? Also, when do the next ones air?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, Hash, im sorry it took me all day to reply. Here, download this (Right Click & Save As):

http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/syochan/The_King_of_Fighters__Another_Day_Chapter_01_All_Out.srt

Place the .srt file in the same folder as the first episode. Then, rename the file to match the same name as the video. For example...

KOF Episode 1.asf
KOF Episode 1.srt

Certain players will detect this as a sub-file. I couldn't get it to work with WMP10. But try DivX Player, if you have it. It works on that.

The plot somewhat ties King of Fighters XI and Maximum Impact 2.

I dont mean to spoil anything, including the ending of King of Fighters XI. But it appears that the anime is there to show you that Maximum Impact 2 is supposed to be ahead of KOFXI. Since SNK is no longer going by years, I guess their trying to add some connections between the two franchise.

Afterall, in a recent interview with an SNKP head, there was talk about the "purpose" of Maximum Impact 2, which was supposed to add some KOF & AoF team plot in the KOF Universe, while the main KOF games are focused more on the Hero Team (Which is usually a team that has Kyo or K' in it).

Anyway...

SPOILER-

In King of Fighters XI. Iori went into Blood Riot in one of the endings, he defeated Kyo and beat up Shingo. While Iori was in this state, Ash decided to pay a visit. Ash defeats Orochi Iori and takes his flames.

Ash then leaves the scene saying "Kyo is next".

Ash Crimson already stold Chizuru Kagura's powers in KOF03, he now has the power to seal a persons "special moves" (in KOFXI) and with the ending of KOFXI, it appears that Ash can now use Iori's purple flames.

Which is why Iori didn't use his purple flames in the anime, hese looking for Ash. So the anime supposedly takes place after KOFXI.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the info, that really clears things up for me. I haven't really played any KOF games since '02, so I don't really have any idea what's going on storywise.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should play KOF'03!

Its a new saga, but the gameplay feels experimental (the whole tag play). However, KOFXI features elements from both KOF02 and KOF03. I hope KOFXI gets a console port as soon as possible.

Check out this match video of KOFXI:
http://rapidshare.de/files/8745710/ash_combo.WMV.html
(Click on the button that says "Free", on the next screen, scroll down, wait for the countdown to finish, then download)

I like everything about this game, the artwork, the music, the graphics (Yes, SNK is finally improving in that department thanks to the power of the Atomiswave!).

Anyway, about the first episode. What'd you think? Besides the fact that its too short (I wish the Credits weren't 3-4 minutes long...). But hopefully the next episodes will be longer, though usually, Net Anime's are cut, peice by peice, i've seen net anime episodes that were about 5 minutes each. In the end, when all 4 episodes are released its goinna seem longer when peiced together... But I hate it when I get teased! I wish each episode wasn't released every month... I wanna watch it all already!!!

Anyone else seen this besides me and Hash? Post comments! You wont regret watching it afterall. It was made by Production IG. Which means good art, good detail, good animations (especially for a net anime, most net anime's i've seen usually suck, especially because a majority of them got horrible english VA's).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, you guys are about a week too late; it came out subbed by Shinsen-Subs last over a week ago

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was never mentioned in the community I go to, guess no one took notice. But, thanks for the info.

Also, I know the episode was released on Decemember 2nd, but at the time it was stream only, on showtime.jp, and without sub-titles, which is why I never bothered to say anything (that, and I hardly post here now, since I uninstalled HL/ESF like 2yrs ago - but I still post here once in a while :p).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
lol, you guys are about a week too late; it came out subbed by Shinsen-Subs last over a week ago
Sweet, now I know someone is subbing it. Thanks for the heads up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres an "asumption" going around. That this was just a prologue (like it says after the end credits) which therefore explains why its short (this could mean the other episodes are longers - its up to you to beleive that or not, but it makes "some sense" to me, though usually, ONA's are ment to be this short)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xenogias said:
Theres an "asumption" going around. That this was just a prologue (like it says after the end credits) which therefore explains why its short (this could mean the other episodes are longers - its up to you to beleive that or not, but it makes "some sense" to me, though usually, ONA's are ment to be this short)
I'll be happy if they just don't make the credits so long, and use that time for the actual show. I mean come on, the amount of credits was just staggering.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol I agree with you. 3-4mins of credits? The least they could have done, is made the credits scroll by a bit faster. It took its sweet ass time, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom