Firefox Personas

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Chrome? I personally like it actually. It's very easy to switch themes now. I use the gian smiley face.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quit firefox. Chrome FTW.

Never liked the personas, some of them just didn't look right even though I liked the main banner. Ruined the experience for me.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The last time i tried Chrome it had some serious issues with flash videos. And since flash videos are all over the web i rolled back to Firefox.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno, Firefox slowed down on me like crazy. Chrome is still blazing fast and I've had no problems with it at all. I want to sex it up.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I dunno, Firefox slowed down on me like crazy. Chrome is still blazing fast and I've had no problems with it at all. I want to sex it up.
Somewhat I have to agree. FireFox is fast, but in some ways (many tabs or playing flash) it becomes CPU hungry. While Chrome is faster, I prefer using FireFox because the huge database of plugins.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've only ever seen my Firefox use up five hundred mb, but that's an extreme scenario for me, and it involved a lot of flash. Addons don't really use that much memory. In general, my Firefox peaks at 200 mb use, and I use a ****load of addons (awesome, awesome addons, which keep me from switching to Chrome or Opera, which are significantly faster browsers)

I don't care for personas though. It's like Firefox is trying to be something it's not (good looking).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Firefox all the way. I took the Matrix one, looks pretty cool, indeed.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Red Shift V3 FTW. Not available on 3.6 yet but i can wait on 3.5 untill its ported.

BTW why are themes called personas now?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@fortnox:

Basically it's like this: The longer Firefox runs, the more you build up its memory consumption. It starts out with roughly 100 and builds as you keep opening tabs (particularly ones with flash, java and javascript in them). Me, I close down my Firefox so often I don't notice the memory consumption (I don't have 1000 mb for it to use, maybe it'd eat more if I had more ram?).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the hell is the difference between a theme and persona then?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The theme changes the buttons and all while the persona changes only the background pic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know as well as I do that it's just a matter of time before the "personas" starts changing buttons too. And then the raptors will attack.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use NASA nightlaunch, which is a really nice looking black theme, and it was only like...350kb large. So really, there is not much of a point to these persona's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom