FireFox out of my life, go Google Chrome!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
As of lately, FireFox is getting slower and slower for me and even randomly crashes quite often. Maybe it's the plugins I have installed, though it is not much of them. I always found Google Chrome better than FireFox but it lacked the Extension manager that FireFox has.. but no more.. As of today, I noticed the Google Chrome Extension database:

https://chrome.google.com/extensions

Which has all the nifty add-ons I use on FireFox. Thus, I've changed to Google Chrome due to its faster speed over FireFox. Just wanted to let you guys know about the Extensions Database of Google Chrome which makes it so easy to install plugins and much cleaner as well.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already have Chrome installed. Currently i'm using both(Firefox more).
Chrome does seems faster though.

Best answers
Oh yeah. Chrome is by far the most advanced browser. And Idk why but if ANYTHING goes missing or stops working, a simple re-install ALWAYS fixes it, without losing any plug-ins/extentions

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Oh yeah. Chrome is by far the most advanced browser. And Idk why but if ANYTHING goes missing or stops working, a simple re-install ALWAYS fixes it, without losing any plug-ins/extentions
Too lazy to re-install ^_^.

Best answers
Haha but you don't even have to UNinstall it first, just go to the dl page and dl again^_^

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've perused the Chrome extensions site, and I still prefer using Firefox.

Until such time that I can use Chrome (outside of Incognito Mode) and not have it keep a history, I'll be sticking to Firefox. Otherwise, I don't mind Chrome.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i say sky stick with fire fox you might be able to log in to the admin panel then :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Force Pit Member
Best answers
~ Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Lets relax shall we Deco?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chrome ftw. The extensions have been there for awhile though, methinks. Anyways welcome to the revolution.

I think the world is going to end when Google become self-aware and become Google-net and creates Goolinators. By switching to Chrome you are helping Google take over the world.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chrome ftw. The extensions have been there for awhile though, methinks. Anyways welcome to the revolution.

I think the world is going to end when Google become self-aware and become Google-net and creates Goolinators. By switching to Chrome you are helping Google take over the world.
Hahahah :)
Nice one.

Anyway Firefox runs pretty fast for me atm. I can't really tell which is faster.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Hahahah :)
Nice one.

Anyway Firefox runs pretty fast for me atm. I can't really tell which is faster.
Which launches quicker for you, FireFox or Chrome?

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire fox launches very fast for me to say that i have around 30 plugins installed chrome lauches as fast as IE did so ye lunches slow like

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is Chromes memory management? I know they fixed a bug with Firefox a bit back that was causing major memory leaks, but even after that it still tends to hog resources after I have a window open for a while.

Best answers
I haven't had problems with it. And it's much faster than FF was, even after tweaking FF.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If there was a download manager like DownThemAll for Chrome then I'd use Chrome. That's the only thing that's keeping me from using Chrome.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman: That memory leak is caused by the Flash Plugin, I'm not sure whether it's Firefox or Adobe that have responsibility over it but if you don't have any flash files running FireFox uses far less memory.
Thanks. Then it's a matter of just downloading an adblocker, since I assume flash ads are going to be my main offender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom